+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE - Application for study permit online

BP2YVR

Sep 16, 2012
Hi,

I tried to apply for the study permit online and was prompt to upload a police certificate.
In Singapore we cannot apply for a police certificate without an official request from an immigration office.
Anyone have any idea how do I request for an official request letter.
I am unable to submit my application without the Police certificate

numair782

Sep 26, 2013
may be you can attach a copy of visa requirements. or call your police department about the procedure to get police certificate.

BP2YVR

Sep 16, 2012
numair782 said:
may be you can attach a copy of visa requirements. or call your police department about the procedure to get police certificate.
I printed out the online checklist and went down to the police station and they wont accept it. they told me I will get a request letter once I submitted my application. but I am unable to proceed the online application with the only document missing.

kiranreddy3399

Jan 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
02-05-2013
File Transfer...
31-04-2013
Passport Req..
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2013
LANDED..........
03-01-2014
BP2YVR said:
Hi,

I tried to apply for the study permit online and was prompt to upload a police certificate.
In Singapore we cannot apply for a police certificate without an official request from an immigration office.
Anyone have any idea how do I request for an official request letter.
I am unable to submit my application without the Police certificate
After you apply they will send you the request letter via email. Then you have to take that request letter to CID and they will issue the PCC. Then you have to submit PCC in person at CHC Singapore.

kiranreddy3399

Jan 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
02-05-2013
File Transfer...
31-04-2013
Passport Req..
15-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2013
LANDED..........
03-01-2014
BP2YVR said:
I printed out the online checklist and went down to the police station and they wont accept it. they told me I will get a request letter once I submitted my application. but I am unable to proceed the online application with the only document missing.
You have to apply in-person. Online isn't the best option if you are a Singapore resident.

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
Why don't you email the singapore CHC regarding this issue? See if they will provide a letter to you for obtaining the police clearance certificate.

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've recently gone thru the painful procedure of applying for a Singapore PCC and it was not pretty. Although when I applied online for the student visa, my checklist didn't generate a police clearance. After my medical was cleared, I received an email from CIC requesting PCC from Singapore. I had to send that letter and some other forms along with a demand draft payable in singapore for $60 sgd. They took 2 months to deliver my PCC from application to delivery at my place. I'd advise the following things:

1) Apply for a PCC with all your documents put together. It has to be paper based as they don't accept digital copies and it involves physical fingerprints.
2) They almost never respond to email. You have to call their various numbers to confirm your status. Most of the numbers dont work as they directly goto voice mail so instead you should call the Police Main line which they transfer to the COC dept.
3) It would help if you are physically present in Singapore as you can do everything there itself and it would take 15 days to get your PCC. If you live overseas, you must and I insist, you must have a friend who can either fedex you the document or pick it up in person from COC dept and scan it and email it to you (if its an online application). Singapore COC dept sends their mails as registered via singpost that could usually take upto 15 days to reach.

If you are applying for Sept term, all the very best as I doubt you'd get it on time.

BP2YVR

Sep 16, 2012
I gave up on the online application. I printed everything out. And did a paper submittion. Now have to wait to the email to apply for police certificate. Guess manual work is still mote reliable.

ElmTree

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
BP2YVR said:
I gave up on the online application. I printed everything out. And did a paper submittion. Now have to wait to the email to apply for police certificate. Guess manual work is still mote reliable.
BP2YVR, I know a long time has elapsed since you posted this but could you kindly share the outcome of your situation? Thanks