+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance Canada

DutchMan

Mar 12, 2008
Dears,

Our application for PR is being processed, type family class. Sponsorship has been approved and now PR is being processed in Germany.
Because I was in Canada over 6 months they want me to get a police clearance from Canada.

I got the fingerprints from the Dutch police and have send this slip with accompanying letter to RCMP in Canada.

I have 2 questions:
1. I did not have the fingerprint slip translated. Is that a problem? Instructions do not mention it. The accompanying letter is in English.
2. Embassy gave me 120 days to get it. RCMP website says processing time exceeds 120 days at the moment. Can I just inform the embassy or will a late answer automatically result in a denial?

DutchMan

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

DutchMan said:
Dears,

Our application for PR is being processed, type family class. Sponsorship has been approved and now PR is being processed in Germany.
Because I was in Canada over 6 months they want me to get a police clearance from Canada.

I got the fingerprints from the Dutch police and have send this slip with accompanying letter to RCMP in Canada.

I have 2 questions:
1. I did not have the fingerprint slip translated. Is that a problem? Instructions do not mention it. The accompanying letter is in English.
2. Embassy gave me 120 days to get it. RCMP website says processing time exceeds 120 days at the moment. Can I just inform the embassy or will a late answer automatically result in a denial?

DutchMan
1. It doesn't have to be translated as long as your name and address are clearly written, prints are prints.
2. Inform the processing office by email (its on their website) that you have submitted the prints to the RCMP on such and such date.

PMM

DutchMan

Mar 12, 2008
Thank you for your quick reply! Makes be feel more relaxed, I do not want another delay because of something minor..

DutchMan

pea

Apr 23, 2008
Hi Dutchman,

don't mean to spy but sounds like you are applying similar to the way we are applying...

just wanted to know if you can tell me whether you have included statutory declarations from your friends/family etc to show that you and your partner are in a common-law relationship and it's genuine and continuing? if yes, did you get these statements notarised?

Thanks for your help.

Pea