+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

police check question

runningfree

Apr 3, 2012
Hi there. My wife is korean and has lived in Korea her whole life but she studied in Australia for just under a year about 8 years ago. Does this mean we have to obtain an Australian police check in addition to her Korean police check? Thanks in advance.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
runningfree said:
Hi there. My wife is korean and has lived in Korea her whole life but she studied in Australia for just under a year about 8 years ago. Does this mean we have to obtain an Australian police check in addition to her Korean police check? Thanks in advance.
You must obtain Police checks for ALL countries she has resided if they are over 6 month periods since she was 18.

stevelo

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am wondering about that too... we started the application, then I had to go to the US for work for the past year... recently Seoul office asked for police check for Korea and we sent that in.

Being the keeners that we are, we thought we'd cover the bases and go get the US one too from the FBI. Part of that required getting fingerprinting done at the local police office in Canada (came back to Canada now). Funny thing was, at the police office the clerk started asking my wife all sorts of questions that were questionnable and invasive and basically was suspicious of why she needed to get a US police check if the CIC didn't ask her yet. That freaked us out so we haven't gone ahead with it since Seoul office haven't asked and (please verify) doesn't the procedure require you to submit police check at time of application? Since we moved to another country during the application, is this a grey area or is there specifically a section written down that requires it regardless? If so, has anyone else had a troubling experience with Canadian police enforcement giving you a hard time?