+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate

canada_pr_wanted

Apr 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are currently in Canada since a year, do you need to produce police certificate from both your home country and Canada too.

UoW111

Aug 19, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada_pr_wanted said:
If you are currently I Canada since a year, do you need to produce police certificate from both your home country and Canada too.
PCC will be required from all the countries except Canada where you have spent 6 months or more since the age of 18.

Quote from CIC website:

You will need to get police certificates for you and each of your family members who are over 18. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more consecutive months since the age of 18.

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp

lixuevic

May 8, 2015
Are you sure Canada is not included? We have lived here for longer than 6 months. It's not stated in the CIC website that the no criminal record is waived for the stay in Canada.

UoW111

Aug 19, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lixuevic said:
Are you sure Canada is not included? We have lived here for longer than 6 months. It's not stated in the CIC website that the no criminal record is waived for the stay in Canada.
Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

Sam05mar2013

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
YYC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you need PCC even if you stay in Canada more than 6 months.

It means, for example if you are from India , and you are staying in Canada since 3 years, still you need to get PCC from Indian Consulate which is BLS India is the service provider.

they will do for other countires.

If you go on vacation to any country and stay more than 6 months , you have to get PCC from those countries.

canada_pr_wanted

Apr 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UoW111 said:
PCC will be required from all the countries except Canada where you have spent 6 months or more since the age of 18.

Quote from CIC website:

You will need to get police certificates for you and each of your family members who are over 18. You must get one from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more consecutive months since the age of 18.

Thanks for the reply,

Do I need to get police certificate for all my family member though I am applying asa single for PR ?

canada_pr_wanted

Apr 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sam05mar2013 said:
you need PCC even if you stay in Canada more than 6 months.

It means, for example if you are from India , and you are staying in Canada since 3 years, still you need to get PCC from Indian Consulate which is BLS India is the service provider.

they will do for other countires.

If you go on vacation to any country and stay more than 6 months , you have to get PCC from those countries.

Thanks for the reply so do I need to get PCC from BLS India, and also from Canada police or Just from BLS Canada

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
canada_pr_wanted said:
Thanks for the reply,

Do I need to get police certificate for all my family member though I am applying asa single for PR ?
Such a dumb question.
Read your statement few times and see you have answered your dumb question itself.
If you are the only applicant, why would they need PCC for your family members?

canada_pr_wanted

Apr 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
doobie.doobie said:
Such a dumb question.
Read your statement few times and see you have answered your dumb question itself.
If you are the only applicant, why would they need PCC for your family members?
THANK YOU SIR,

read the below comments and let me know if the quetion I asked is DUMB or not

Quote from CIC website:

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
canada_pr_wanted said:
THANK YOU SIR,

read the below comments and let me know if the quetion I asked is DUMB or not

Quote from CIC website:

Look buddy, by family member they mean, the people accompanying with you to immigrate to Canada.
spouse or dependant.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
doobie.doobie said:
Look buddy, by family member they mean, are the people accompanying with you to immigrate to Canada.
spouse or dependant.
I was reading those question also. Canada pr might not aware about family members.

UoW111

Aug 19, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada_pr_wanted said:
Thanks for the reply,

Hey buddy, you will only need PCC from India. CIC will run background checks with RCMP and other resources they have. If they require anything else like your finger prints etc, they will let you know.

You only need PCC for yourself if you are single and have no dependants.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

canada_pr_wanted

Apr 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UoW111 said:
Hey buddy, you will only need PCC from India. CIC will run background checks with RCMP and other resources they have. If they require anything else like your finger prints etc, they will let you know.

You only need PCC for yourself if you are single and have no dependants.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Thanks Bro

iraghav

Apr 12, 2017
Let me risk asking this straightforward one here. probably duplicate. Just clarifying.

I have travelled to few countries in past and have got PCC for all of them. I am in canada since last 8 months.
Do I need to get PCC for Canada too ?

CIC website says, when applying for PR, i don't need it.
the consultant i have been talking to, he's unsure and suggested me to get it anyway, as a safety net.

whats the word on this ?