+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate

happee06

Jul 28, 2009
Hi all... I have a cousin and he got his AINP nomination certificate already and gathering the documents needed for his visa application. One of the requirements is the police certificate that you need to get from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18 and the certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application as per CIC website.

My cousin worked in Korea in 1994-1996 and Thailand from 1998-1999 and did not return in those two countries. He got his police clearance from these two countries last April 2007. Is it still applicable for him condition given by CIC that the police certificate should not be more than three months old prior submitting his pr application? Does he need to get an updated police certificate?

Thanks in advance!

akk

Sep 2, 2008
>Is it still applicable for him condition given by CIC that the police certificate should not be more than three months >old prior submitting his pr application?

Yes, why would it be different for him?

>Does he need to get an updated police certificate?

Yes.

Akk

kgh

Jun 8, 2009
happee06 said:
Hi all... I have a cousin and he got his AINP nomination certificate already and gathering the documents needed for his visa application. One of the requirements is the police certificate that you need to get from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18 and the certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application as per CIC website.

My cousin worked in Korea in 1994-1996 and Thailand from 1998-1999 and did not return in those two countries. He got his police clearance from these two countries last April 2007. Is it still applicable for him condition given by CIC that the police certificate should not be more than three months old prior submitting his pr application? Does he need to get an updated police certificate?

Thanks in advance!
He may not need as he has never returned back to those countires. But it is always safe to get it. we never know. If he doesn't want to apply again the best bet would be to keep a note that he didn't went back to those countries after getting the police certificates.