+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate: Who is considered Family?

Dec 26, 2016
I just want to confirm a couple of things about sec a police certificate.

20 year old international student (Primary Applicant) husband permanent resident. The only country she’s spent six months or more since the age of 18 is Canada.

1. She only needs to get a police certificate from the RCMP?
2. All the people in your “family” who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. What family members are considered family?

Thank you

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
hecatesettlement said:
I just want to confirm a couple of things about sec a police certificate.

20 year old international student (Primary Applicant) husband permanent resident. The only country she’s spent six months or more since the age of 18 is Canada.

2. All the people in your “family” who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. What family members are considered family?

Thank you
Immediate Family. Sponsor, Spouse (PA), and children included on the application only.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hecatesettlement said:
1. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

How to get a police certificate - Canada

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No

2. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp#family

Family members - An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

ConfusedandInLove

Sep 14, 2016
Hello

Maybe you can help me, I am still confused...

I am the principal applicant and my husband is my sponsor, do we need to submit Police Certificate's for him as well? The only country he has spent more than 6 months in is Canada.

I am also wondering, I got a Police Certificate about two months before I left my country (for my visa) and have been in Canada ever since (8 months now - valid visitor visa) do I need to get a new Police Certificate for my country even though I haven't been there since I last left?

And lastly, I assume I am to get a Police Certificate for Canada?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ConfusedandInLove said:
I am the principal applicant and my husband is my sponsor, do we need to submit Police Certificate's for him as well? The only country he has spent more than 6 months in is Canada.

I am also wondering, I got a Police Certificate about two months before I left my country (for my visa) and have been in Canada ever since (8 months now - valid visitor visa) do I need to get a new Police Certificate for my country even though I haven't been there since I last left?

And lastly, I assume I am to get a Police Certificate for Canada?
Hi

Your husband does not need PCCs.

Yes, you need a new PCC.

No, you don't need a Canadian PCC.