+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate validity

Michael Schumacher

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Hoping i would receive an ITA in March 2016, I applied and got police certificate from Indian embassy in Canada in March 2016. But did not receive an ITA still. But suppose i receive an ITA soon, should i apply for new police certificate, or the old one is fine... i did not go anywhere outside of Canada after march 2016... getting a new pc is a bit of trouble here... very bad service in the embassy... it took 4 weeks for me last time for this... but if i have to get a new one, i have to... Kindly suggest...

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Michael Schumacher said:
Hoping i would receive an ITA in March 2016, I applied and got police certificate from Indian embassy in Canada in March 2016. But did not receive an ITA still. But suppose i receive an ITA soon, should i apply for new police certificate, or the old one is fine... i did not go anywhere outside of Canada after march 2016... getting a new pc is a bit of trouble here... very bad service in the embassy... it took 4 weeks for me last time for this... but if i have to get a new one, i have to... Kindly suggest...
No, you don't need as long as your PCC is less than 6 months old on the date your file your e-APR.

Michael Schumacher

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
CanadaWeCome said:
No, you don't need as long as your PCC is less than 6 months old on the date your file your e-APR.
My PCC is already 10 months old, and i still did not receive an ITA. Assume I receive an ITA on Jan 2017, should i get a new PCC, or the old one is fine.

anuragchigs

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
DelPiero07 said:
As long as you don't go to India the PCC you have is valid.
Are you sure about that, I think all PCC have some validity, I have some Police clearance from Cyprus from 2 years back, and I have not travelled to Cyprus since then, would be great, if its still valid.

Thanks
Anurag

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anuragchigs said:
Are you sure about that, I think all PCC have some validity, I have some Police clearance from Cyprus from 2 years back, and I have not travelled to Cyprus since then, would be great, if its still valid.

Thanks
Anurag
The 6 months validity only applies if you're living in that country.

If the PCC is issued after the last time you lived in that country then it doesn't matter if it was issued 2 years ago, it is still valid.

anuragchigs

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
DelPiero07 said:
The 6 months validity only applies if you're living in that country.

If the PCC is issued after the last time you lived in that country then it doesn't matter if it was issued 2 years ago, it is still valid.
I wish the world worked on logic :) !
By that logic your language skills doesnt expire, but still your IELTS score expires in two years :)

Have you read this at some place ? would be helpful if CIC can confirm this!

regards

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anuragchigs said:
By that logic your language skills doesnt expire, but still your IELTS score expires in two years :)

regards
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
anuragchigs said:

regards
What @DelPiero07 said is absolutely correct.

Pls see this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Yes, IELTS expiry is more of a business (to filch your hard earned money) than the fact that a person with certain level of english proficiency/skills forgets what he knows/knew in 2 years from the date they test you.

kallucanada

Star Member
May 5, 2016
Actually, I received my PCC 3 years back after that I visited my home country twice on vacation, one is for 15 days and another is for 30 days. Is my original PCC still valid?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
kallucanada said:
Actually, I received my PCC 3 years back after that I visited my home country twice on vacation, one is for 15 days and another is for 30 days. Is my original PCC still valid?
This is not clarified enough on the IRCC website, but as per the forum knowledge, it's not valid anymore. You need to get a fresh one again.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kallucanada said:
ummm... no. PCC for non resident countries is only valid till the time you visit the said country again... for resident countries (contry where you reside in currently)its valid for 6 months, or whatever time frame mentioned on the certificate (i'm saying this coz on my resident country it says PCC valid onlly for 3 months, not 6)

gaiou37

Star Member
Oct 31, 2016
Victoria, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it's still valid even if you visited the country for a vacation:

"If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

- are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
- have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last LIVED in that country or territory" (it doesn't say "been", it says "lived".

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
gaiou37 said:
I think it's still valid even if you visited the country for a vacation:

"If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

- are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
- have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last LIVED in that country or territory" (it doesn't say "been", it says "lived".
We know that...but experts on this forum say that is debatable...and experience/prudence says not to take that risk with IRCC if avoidable.