Dec 6, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
Nov 22nd
Hope someone can help me and answer my question. I was asked to submit a police certificate from a county where I did university, they issued it and listed my status as single as I was unmarried back then when I lived there(from 2010 to 2013) and they said that's how they do their police clearance, based on the status I had when I was there as a student. Now I'm married and doing spousal sponsorship...my concern is Irrc questioning the fact that the police certificate from this other country is showing me as single. Anyone has experienced this? Any help or input ? I'm stressing out and worried...

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hope someone can help me and answer my question. I was asked to submit a police certificate from a county where I did university, they issued it and listed my status as single as I was unmarried back then when I lived there(from 2010 to 2013) and they said that's how they do their police clearance, based on the status I had when I was there as a student. Now I'm married and doing spousal sponsorship...my concern is Irrc questioning the fact that the police certificate from this other country is showing me as single. Anyone has experienced this? Any help or input ? I'm stressing out and worried...
Don't think they'll care. Canada doesn't even have national records of marriage.

Reactions: Nigeriana

Nigeriana

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
Nov 22nd
Thanks for your reply Armoured , appreciate it.
I m worried about any contradictions.

Nigeriana

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
Nov 22nd
If you're yet to submit it and worried about it, just include a short text saying what you were told - it shows you as single because you were single when you resided there.
Thanks will do that

kingfintan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Hi, please are you from Nigeria? And looks like IRCC usually request for police certificate from nigeria during the process. Am from nigeria but did not submit my Police certificate because it is only valid for 3 months and I am hoping they will request for it when they need it. Thank you

Nigeriana

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
Nov 22nd
Hi, please are you from Nigeria? And looks like IRCC usually request for police certificate from nigeria during the process. Am from nigeria but did not submit my Police certificate because it is only valid for 3 months and I am hoping they will request for it when they need it. Thank you
Yes you are to submit with the application, because you didn't they will definitely come back and ask you for. Keep in mind that it may delay your application.