+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate Requirement for Post C6

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
You need to be a little more subtle in your reponses. Retaliation in the form of filibustering might make you believe you are 1 step closer to being an attorney at law, but your excessive commas, bolds and parentheses take away all the fun.

"Probably, my sense, with the caveat,..." you keep using these so much and when you conclude you say you have "authoritative" and "official" sources. The reason the IO requested a US PC was that my degree was obtained at a US university, and my returns showed a dual filing of taxes (business related). If you had asked then I would've told you.

Lose your patronizing attitude. You're killing the fun !
To be clear, the particular reason you were asked for a police certificate does not, in any way, mitigate the observation that your report illustrates applicants may be required to submit a police certificate despite having spent less than 183 days in a country during the preceding four years. In fact, it illustrates the point. And that is just one reason among many, including for example name record hits in the U.S. NCIC/FBI databases, which again is just one potential reason among many.

Given a large number of queries recently in this forum about who needs to submit a police certificate, or when, and some queries which tend to be off the mark (including outright erroneous suggestions to not submit a police certificate but wait for IRCC to request it, despite application instructions to the contrary), this is actually an important aspect of the process.

Otherwise, my actual professional credentials and experience aside (no particular belief system involved), and an occasional turn of phrase aimed at some levity (which are indeed rather occasional and which I am not much good at but nonetheless try), my posts are usually intended to inform and are not made in fun. Particularly longer posts, particularly as to a few issues which are prone to misunderstanding or otherwise involve complex issues. For someone looking for a playmate, it should be obvious, I'm not your huckleberry.