+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate rejected - unclear details

Aug 23, 2023
I'm Mexican and currently applying within Mexico for Express Entry under FSW, after receiving ITA on Feb 2024.

On July 2024, I was requested for my Police Certificate, which I got following the instructions here for applying inside Mexico:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html

However, after requesting the exact same certificate and uploading it (along with a certified translation), I got the following rejection.

Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate The police certificate you provided from MEXICO is not acceptable. Please submit a new police certificate from MEXICO. In order to obtain the required document, please refer to the IRCC website (How to get a Police Certificate).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html
I found this weird, and I submitted a webform and tried calling the IRCC to get an explanation on why it was rejected, since I followed the exact instructions. One month passes and I didn't receive any response, and the local Embassy tells me that the document should be correct. So I apply again and submit the police certificate (along with a certified translation), and just a couple of days letter I get another rejection:

Police Certificates (Multiple): FINAL REMINDER. Please note that the document you provided (FGR certificate) is not accepted by IRCC as a police certificate. Please follow the instructions to acquire a valid police certificate from Mexico. This police certificate will get sent directly to our office.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html
I have no idea why the document is wrong, and must submit before October 15th. From the wording, it seems like they want me to apply for the document as if I was applying outside of Mexico. However, I asked the police station and they told me they cannot help me with that, and I've been told that the Embassy will reject my application if I apply as outside of Mexico, since my residence is in Mexico.

I'm honestly at a loss, I've tried everything to get details on what to do. I haven't had a reply from the webform. I've tried contacting my local Canadian Embassy but they're also not sure what is wrong either. I've tried calling the IRCC but I get no response.

Has anyone of you experienced something similar? Is there any Mexican applicant here who applied outside of Canada?

PS: The worst part, is that during a previous application this exact police certificate worked fine, and I even got my CoPR (although it expired before I could land in Canada due to travel restrictions, another history).

TLDR: My police certificate from Mexico got rejected 2 times despite following the exact instructions from the Canada Government website, and nobody can provide me details on why it's wrong or what should I do.

Aug 23, 2023

vattu0624

Sep 6, 2024
Did you manage to talk to them via telephone? What did they tell you?

If you're truly desperate and cannot find any solutions, you could try moving to another country, raising a web form or calling them to update your address, and then applying for the police certificate from there.

I know that would probably be complicated because you'd need to apply for a resident visa in the third country, but it's the only thing I can think of out of that conundrum if you don't manage to communicate with them and solve your issue.

vattu0624

Sep 6, 2024
For instance, if you can work remotely, you could apply for a visa in Mauritius. Iirc the processing times are pretty short.