+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate rejected by CEC, submit another certificatto PNP in advanced?

ccmaomao

Sep 2, 2014
Hello everyone,

I had a previous posts on police clearance check which was rejected by CPC-ottawa, saying it was not original with original format. I have found a way to get a more official and convincing certificate from China and our embassy.

The question is that, I submitted the same certificate, which CEC rejected to Sydney for my PNP application... they haven't got back to me saying whether they received them or they are not accepting this certificate as well. But I am afraid I will wait for a month and got the same request for another "original certificate".

My question is that whether I should submit the new police clearance check now or wait for their rejecting my previous document. And do I need a letter of explanation if I am submitting in advance?

Thanks,
CC

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
You submit materials to Sidney for both your CEC and PNP? So you are applying for Nova Scotia nomination? It has to be a different agency and address than CEC, right?

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ccmaomao said:
Hello everyone,

I had a previous posts on police clearance check which was rejected by CPC-ottawa, saying it was not original with original format. I have found a way to get a more official and convincing certificate from China and our embassy.

The question is that, I submitted the same certificate, which CEC rejected to Sydney for my PNP application... they haven't got back to me saying whether they received them or they are not accepting this certificate as well. But I am afraid I will wait for a month and got the same request for another "original certificate".

My question is that whether I should submit the new police clearance check now or wait for their rejecting my previous document. And do I need a letter of explanation if I am submitting in advance?

Thanks,
CC

If you don't detail why your previous one failed ? how do you know the new one will be accepted ?

what's wrong with the previous one, you use a copy ? not original doc ?

ccmaomao

Sep 2, 2014
Actually I used the original one from my local police unit in China but the original copy is not authenticated for Canadian use. Also the translation was done by a local company there instead of law firms or notary. So the original one was sent back to my home country for authentication and notarization to use in Canada.

yixiaop26 said:
If you don't detail why your previous one failed ? how do you know the new one will be accepted ?

what's wrong with the previous one, you use a copy ? not original doc ?

ccmaomao

Sep 2, 2014
That is different addresses and different offices. I applied for PNP in Alberta and it has already been approved. So I submitted to federal. Then the PNP in federal requested my police clearance check...

ZingyDNA said:
You submit materials to Sidney for both your CEC and PNP? So you are applying for Nova Scotia nomination? It has to be a different agency and address than CEC, right?

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
ccmaomao said:
That is different addresses and different offices. I applied for PNP in Alberta and it has already been approved. So I submitted to federal. Then the PNP in federal requested my police clearance check...
OK I see. The safest thing to do is wait for them to ask for a new Police Certificate. But if you really can't wait, you can send the new certificate to them with a cover letter explaining it's to replace the old one, for such and such reasons. Since you have to send the original certificate, you have to be careful...

ccmaomao

Sep 2, 2014
Thanks...then guess I will wait for them to ask for a new police clearance certificate again..

:)

ZingyDNA said:
OK I see. The safest thing to do is wait for them to ask for a new Police Certificate. But if you really can't wait, you can send the new certificate to them with a cover letter explaining it's to replace the old one, for such and such reasons. Since you have to send the original certificate, you have to be careful...

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ccmaomao said:
Actually I used the original one from my local police unit in China but the original copy is not authenticated for Canadian use. Also the translation was done by a local company there instead of law firms or notary. So the original one was sent back to my home country for authentication and notarization to use in Canada.

why don't you just ask for both english and chinese version in China. in this way , no need translation or anything else

ccmaomao

Sep 2, 2014
The police unit where I am registered doesn't have that service. But that is a good idea, I will try to ask one! Thanks.

yixiaop26 said:
why don't you just ask for both english and chinese version in China. in this way , no need translation or anything else

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ccmaomao said:
I had a previous posts on police clearance check which was rejected by CPC-ottawa, saying it was not original with original format . . .

The question is that, I submitted the same certificate, which CEC rejected to Sydney for my PNP application...
So, when you applied for your PCC, you requested 2 certificates?

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ccmaomao said:
The police unit where I am registered doesn't have that service. But that is a good idea, I will try to ask one! Thanks.

I am afraid you are still making mistake, where you get the police clearance ? after you are done in police office, you need go to other place to do notarial certificate.

ccmaomao

Sep 2, 2014
Thanks for your kindly reminder. Yep, my mum will go to the notary officers in the same city to get a notarial certificate.

I think that is the reason why my certificate got rejected.

Thanks again. :) :)

yixiaop26 said:
I am afraid you are still making mistake, where you get the police clearance ? after you are done in police office, you need go to other place to do notarial certificate.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ccmaomao said:
Thanks for your kindly reminder. Yep, my mum will go to the notary officers in the same city to get a notarial certificate.

I think that is the reason why my certificate got rejected.

Thanks again. :) :)

and please make sure , that place is accepted international , some place is not accepted by canada goverment.