+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

police certificate: purpose

dunj

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Dear members, I just received police certificate from my country do that I can apply for permanent residence under pnp. The issue is: on the certificate, it is written that it is to be used for the purpose of obtaining work permit in Canada. Everything else checks out, except for that purpose of issuing. Do I need to apply for a new one where it would state that it is issued for permanent residence?? Or it doesn't matter, as long it is valid and says I have not been convicted?

Please advise!

sunichak

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I don't think it would be a problem since it is a police clearance certificate and it is given the same irrespective of the purpose i.e work permit or resident visa. So relax! :)

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
dunj said:
Dear members, I just received police certificate from my country do that I can apply for permanent residence under pnp. The issue is: on the certificate, it is written that it is to be used for the purpose of obtaining work permit in Canada. Everything else checks out, except for that purpose of issuing. Do I need to apply for a new one where it would state that it is issued for permanent residence?? Or it doesn't matter, as long it is valid and says I have not been convicted?

Please advise!
I wouldn't worry about the purpose, as long as there's no dot on the character.

dunj

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Thanks! I'll send new ones anyway after I receive AOR (old process). Feel a bit better tho.