+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

police certificate from USA

bluesaffron

Star Member
Nov 20, 2016
Hi -
I am preparing for getting a police certificate from fbi... (in order to apply for Canada PR)
I am currently on work visa in USA .,..

There are two options mentioned on their website...

Option 1 - where you directly apply to FBI.
- According to the website current processing time is about 12-14 weeks

Option 2 - where you get the report via fbi approved channeler.
- Accroding to the website - An FBI-approved Channeler may only process requests for a U.S. person... (citizen and permanent resident)

Questions:
1) Does it really take 12-14 weeks for them to get a report?.. any body had a quicker experience?
2) Option 2 seems to be very quick comparatively, but is it really true that you cannot get the police report via channeler if you are not a citizen or a green card holder...?
(sometimes information on the websites are not up to date... and its possible that some of the channelers might be able to process the request for people who are on work visa... like me, so I thought to ask (confirm) this question on the forum as well)

Thanks

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
If you are on a visa, you can't use a channeler as you are not eligible for that process. Sadly, you have to wait. There are no shortcuts when it comes to immigration.

groveranuj

May 20, 2015
Hi,

Just have another question related to the US PCC (IdHSC, as they like to call it).. If you guys can help.

I have already dispatched my set of documents. Will I get a notification and/or a receipt once they receive the documents?

Is there a way to check the status of the application, while one waits anxiously for the next 60 days!!

Thanks in advance,
Cheers and good luck to you all,
Anuj Grover.

Aspirant1982

Feb 17, 2017
Hi,

I want to know in what all conditions would one need FBI verification from FBI?
I have been travelling to US extensively in past 4-5 years, but never lived there at strech for more than 7-8 months. My most visits were between 1-3 months. Would I need one?

rebelhero

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2017
LANDED..........
21-01-2017
groveranuj said:
Hi,

Just have another question related to the US PCC (IdHSC, as they like to call it).. If you guys can help.

I have already dispatched my set of documents. Will I get a notification and/or a receipt once they receive the documents?

Is there a way to check the status of the application, while one waits anxiously for the next 60 days!!

Thanks in advance,
Cheers and good luck to you all,
Anuj Grover.
You can use your USPS/courier tracking number to confirm if they received the documents or not. That's the only way to know.

You can call FBI customer care at +1-304-625-5590 to know applications of which date are being processed. These days it is taking around 4-6 weeks.

Track your FBI PCC here http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fbi-pcc-t247817.4905.html

Hope it helps!

Reactions: Waiting21

rebelhero

Star Member
Jun 12, 2016
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2017
LANDED..........
21-01-2017
Aspirant1982 said:
Hi,

I want to know in what all conditions would one need FBI verification from FBI?
I have been travelling to US extensively in past 4-5 years, but never lived there at strech for more than 7-8 months. My most visits were between 1-3 months. Would I need one?
You would need police certificates from all the countries where you have lived more than six months in total since the age of 18.

Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate.

You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

Use this link for more info on police certificates http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Hope it helps!