+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate from Mexico? Confusing

gettmad

Oct 5, 2024
Hello, I am currently in the same situation and process as most people in this thread. I am sponsoring my Mexican common-law partner who is living in Canada. We have yet to send the application however I am trying to wrap my head around the correct procedure when it comes to the police certification.

From what I understand I submit my application without the Police Certificate however I upload a document that reads 'I am applying from a country that required an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate'.

Then, I wait until they request the police certificate and I send two sets of fingerprints to the immigration services here in Canada. Once they receive that, they will send the letter of request to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico to complete the police certification.

Also required is to send the following to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico:
  • 3 passport-size (4.5 cm × 3.5 cm) photographs of your front profile (no makeup, earrings, glasses, facial hair or sideburns, and ears cannot be covered—no exceptions)
  • 3 passport-size (4.5 cm × 3.5 cm) photographs of your right profile (no makeup, earrings, glasses, facial hair or sideburns, and ears cannot be covered—no exceptions)
  • 1 clear, legible copy of your passport bio page (with your picture and full name)
  • the following information about your file:
    • your file number
    • the name of the visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate or case processing centre where your file is being processed
    • your full name and date of birth
I have three questions:
1. Do I send ONLY fingerprints to the immigration services here in Canada?

2. At the end of this webpage: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html

It states to send Please send all 5 items together in one package to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico. Do the five items include the 4 listed above (passport style front pictures, passport style right pictures, passport bio, file information) as well as the fingerprints?

3. Should I sent both the fingerprints to Canadian Immigration as well as the other 5 items to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico at the same time?