Nomination.....
21-02-2014
AOR Received.
26-05-2014
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
29-05-2014
I came to Canada more than 4 years ago as a student. Back then, when I applied for my study permit and visa, I provided a Police Certificate with my documents. Ever since I came to Canada, I haven't leave here. Now, I have obtained my PNP certificate and am going to apply for PR; CIC wants a Police Certificate for all countries in which applicants lived for more than 6 months after age 18, that would be Iran and Canada in my case. I have 3 questions:

1. Isn't a new Police Certificate redundant in my case, since it doesn't provide any newer information?

2. Even though it seems redundant to me, I think I should obtain a new one. As you may know, there is no Iranian embassy in Canada. Does anybody know how can I obtain a Police Certificate?

3. What will happen if I can't obtain a Police Certificate and submit my application without one, explaining my situation to them?

I really appreciate any clarifications or suggestions.

immigrationaspirant

Oct 29, 2013
I think you would need a police certificate from your country if they ask for it. You can apply without the PC, but there will be a point where they could ask for your PC, in most cases they do.

marioepsilon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
London, ON, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2013
Doc's Request.
20-09-2013
Nomination.....
21-02-2014
AOR Received.
26-05-2014
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
29-05-2014
immigrationaspirant said:
Hello..this is what I found on CIC's website

Hope this helps
Yes, I have seen that before, the point is that I live in Canada and Iran doesn't have embassy in North America as far as I know.

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
Hello,

Check this link. It might be helpful:

http://www.daftar.org/far/default.asp

Best of luck.

marioepsilon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
London, ON, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2013
Doc's Request.
20-09-2013
Nomination.....
21-02-2014
AOR Received.
26-05-2014
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
29-05-2014
astasi said:
Hello,

Check this link. It might be helpful:

Best of luck.
Thanks Astasi,
That's the Iranian interest section in the U.S. It is not an embassy, it is Iran's office inside the Pakistani embassy in U.S. Anyway, they issue PC for Iranians living in the U.S. I sent them an email yesterday to see if they can issue PC for Iranians living in Canada, but haven't received any response yet.
I was just wondering if any Iranian living in Canada has ever been able to access basic consular services using this office.

marioepsilon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
London, ON, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2013
Doc's Request.
20-09-2013
Nomination.....
21-02-2014
AOR Received.
26-05-2014
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
29-05-2014
Ok guys, luckily I got response from the Iran's Interest Section in Washington. I can get a PC from their office. For anyone with a similar problem, it sounds like Iranians in Canada can use this office for their consular needs.

andisheh

Apr 3, 2014
marioepsilon said:
Ok guys, luckily I got response from the Iran's Interest Section in Washington. I can get a PC from their office. For anyone with a similar problem, it sounds like Iranians in Canada can use this office for their consular needs.
Hello,

Would you please give me a brief explanation on what you did? I live in Canada, and like you I need a police certificate from Iran.

Thanks

marioepsilon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
London, ON, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2013
Doc's Request.
20-09-2013
Nomination.....
21-02-2014
AOR Received.
26-05-2014
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
29-05-2014
andisheh said:
Hello,

Would you please give me a brief explanation on what you did? I live in Canada, and like you I need a police certificate from Iran.

Thanks
Hi,

This is the website of the Iran's interest section in Pakistan embassy in the U.S. :

http://www.daftar.org/Eng/default.asp?lang=eng

You need to download and fill the required forms, and send them to their address with other documents that they need plus fees. All the information is on the website.

BTW, they haven't issued my PC yet ::) they just sent me a letter saying it will take months. That letter is what you need to send to CIC. CIC doesn't need PC when you submit the initial application. At a later stage of the process of your CIC application, CIC will ask you for the PC; hopefully, by then, you have received your PC.

Iranian bureaucracy, and Canadian bureaucracy! It takes forever for them to issue a single document or process applications :(

andisheh

Apr 3, 2014
marioepsilon said:
Hi,

This is the website of the Iran's interest section in Pakistan embassy in the U.S. :

You need to download and fill the required forms, and send them to their address with other documents that they need plus fees. All the information is on the website.

BTW, they haven't issued my PC yet ::) they just sent me a letter saying it will take months. That letter is what you need to send to CIC. CIC doesn't need PC when you submit the initial application. At a later stage of the process of your CIC application, CIC will ask you for the PC; hopefully, by then, you have received your PC.

Iranian bureaucracy, and Canadian bureaucracy! It takes forever for them to issue a single document or process applications :(
Thanks a lot.
I have included a PC in the initial submission. Now, CIC asked me to send an updated PC plus a bunch of other documents.
I got another PC the last time I travelled to Iran. After that I was in Canada the whole time except two short business travels to US. I probably would submit this PC plus the letter you mentioned.
Thanks again.

andisheh

Apr 3, 2014
Just to update you guys, I have contacted the visa office (that has my application) about this issue and here is the answer:

Please review the date on the most recent Iranian police certificate you submitted. If you have not resided six months in Iran since that date, you do not need to submit a new Iranian police certificate.

Beside, I found an easier way of getting a Iranian police certificate instead of going through the Iran's interest section in Pakistan embassy in the U.S. Your attorney should go to the "edareye sejele keyfari dadsaraye teheran" on enghelab street, the rest is straight forward and it takes only a day to get a PC! I should note that this only works if you had previously gotten a PC from police +10, I mean they should have your fingerprints and info in their system.
Contact me if you need more info on this.

Hope this saves you time and money.

marioepsilon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
London, ON, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2013
Doc's Request.
20-09-2013
Nomination.....
21-02-2014
AOR Received.
26-05-2014
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
29-05-2014
andisheh said:
Just to update you guys, I have contacted the visa office (that has my application) about this issue and here is the answer:

Please review the date on the most recent Iranian police certificate you submitted. If you have not resided six months in Iran since that date, you do not need to submit a new Iranian police certificate.

Beside, I found an easier way of getting a Iranian police certificate instead of going through the Iran's interest section in Pakistan embassy in the U.S. Your attorney should go to the "edareye sejele keyfari dadsaraye teheran" on enghelab street, the rest is straight forward and it takes only a day to get a PC! I should note that this only works if you had previously gotten a PC from police +10, I mean they should have your fingerprints and info in their system.
Contact me if you need more info on this.

Hope this saves you time and money.

Thank you for the info; I wish I knew this before, so that I wouldn't go through all the hassle getting PC from the interest section. ::)

maryam84

Aug 18, 2014
Hello,

Would you please advise me on the process?

1- for police certificate application through the Interest section of Iran in Washington, did you send the original passport via post?
2- I dont have my original ID (Shenas name) with me in Canada. In this case do you think applying from Iran would be better or should I ask my family to post my ID to Canada?

Many thanks in advance :)

marioepsilon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
London, ON, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2013
Doc's Request.
20-09-2013
Nomination.....
21-02-2014
AOR Received.
26-05-2014
Med's Request
26-05-2014
Med's Done....
29-05-2014
maryam84 said:
Hello,

Would you please advise me on the process?

1- for police certificate application through the Interest section of Iran in Washington, did you send the original passport via post?
2- I dont have my original ID (Shenas name) with me in Canada. In this case do you think applying from Iran would be better or should I ask my family to post my ID to Canada?

Many thanks in advance :)
Hi,

1. Yes I sent my original passport and birth certificate via FedEX.
2. If they can apply from Iran it would be the better option, however, they need to make sure it can be done. The last time (6 months ago) my family made inquiries, they were told that it can't be done from Iran for people outside country. But, your family may want to check it out (and it would be nice of you to let others now of the results). If on the other hand, you can't get the PC from Iran, they need to send the Birth certificate (shenasname) to Canada.

Best of luck

cupcakes

Jan 10, 2014
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
Passport Req..
05-15-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-25-2015
LANDED..........
06-15-2015
If you have not resided six months in Iran since that date, you do not need to submit a new Iranian police certificate.
Is this only true with Iran, or other countries as well? Can you point the source?