+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate / electronic application

Jun 14, 2024
Hello,

I have two questions as follows, appreciate your help please

- I have obtained PCC for Canada which I requested before starting my application; I just received it by post; so, for electronic application, is it correct to scan the PCC and then send/attach it along with my application?
- I may also submit a PCC from another country; in fact, I would have stayed exactly 181 days in a row in that country by the time I will be submitting my application - that is considering 4 year period backward. Technically, I suppose I am not required to send this PCC per se, but I have it anyway and I thought it does not hurt to send it, especially because period-wise it is a bit borderline.
Do I have to send a explanation letter along with the application for this PCC?
By the way, I managed to get a sworn translation in French in the subject country for this PCC; is this acceptable? or does it have to be sworn translation in Canada for it be valid?

Thank you in advance
Kind regards

NB: I did not start my application yet, this is part of my prep work.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I read here that PCC for Canada is not required with citizenship application; it says that IRCC will contact direclty RCMP to check any record. Is this correct?

Here is the link:
https://www.thewayimmigration.ca/immigration-tips/top-mistakes-with-police-certificates

By the way, this answers my 1st question that PCC have to be scanned in colour version and sent along with application for electronic version.
Refer to official documentation then relying on third party website -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#police

Check section 10 b. Everything is mentioned clearly with good examples

Canadian PCC is never needed.

Reactions: moonlightshadow
Jun 14, 2024
Hi there,

Thanks for your response so far. Now I have my dossier ready. I do have questions:

- If I send my application and leave Canada for vacations (>1 month), do I have to notify IRCC before I leave ?
- If I spend lot of time outside Canada after sending my application (not to the extent of loosing PR of course, I intend to stay at least 6 months in Canada in a year), will this slow down the application processing?

Thank you in advance

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi there,

Thanks for your response so far. Now I have my dossier ready. I do have questions:

- If I send my application and leave Canada for vacations (>1 month), do I have to notify IRCC before I leave ?
- If I spend lot of time outside Canada after sending my application (not to the extent of loosing PR of course, I intend to stay at least 6 months in Canada in a year), will this slow down the application processing?

Thank you in advance
Long stay outside Canada many times triggers interview and in some cases oath date depends on showing your boarding pass for travel back to Canada.

If you can manage to be in Canada whenever your interview/oath is scheduled the process would be more seamless.

Jun 14, 2024
Long stay outside Canada many times triggers interview and in some cases oath date depends on showing your boarding pass for travel back to Canada.

If you can manage to be in Canada whenever your interview/oath is scheduled the process would be more seamless.
Thanks for response.

Do you mean long stay outside Canada during (1) application process (that is to say, from now onward) or (2) long stays outside Canada during the 5 year period backward, or even in both situations?
Are you advising I should upload copies of boarding passes with along my application - especially in view of 2nd case - ? I may have some of them around.

Thanks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for response.

Do you mean long stay outside Canada during (1) application process (that is to say, from now onward) or (2) long stays outside Canada during the 5 year period backward, or even in both situations?
Are you advising I should upload copies of boarding passes with along my application - especially in view of 2nd case - ? I may have some of them around.

Thanks
1) Long stay outside Canada after you submit your application.
2)Long stay(183+ days) before you submit your application results in you having to submit PCC.

Boarding pass is needed for Step 1 not for Step 2

Jun 14, 2024
Would a clarification letter joined to the application in support of the fact that I anticipate to be out of Canada often / on regular basis - be of any help ?
(in this case reason being elderly assistance)
Thanks