+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate Doubt

pulakitm21

Mar 20, 2023
Greetings to everyone,

I have received my ITA and in the process of collecting all the necessary documents.
I left India in 2007, and grew up in Kuwait. After turning 18 in 2016, I have only visited India thrice. The total time spent across the 3 trips was not more 4 months.
Now IRCC is asking me for a police certificate from India - why?

I have not lived in India since 2007 and do not have a base there - what do I do in this situation? I believe there is an error in the system that they asked me for a Police Certificate from India. This is urgent - any response would be appreciated.

Best,
Pulakit

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Greetings to everyone,

I have received my ITA and in the process of collecting all the necessary documents.
I left India in 2007, and grew up in Kuwait. After turning 18 in 2016, I have only visited India thrice. The total time spent across the 3 trips was not more 4 months.
Now IRCC is asking me for a police certificate from India - why?

I have not lived in India since 2007 and do not have a base there - what do I do in this situation? I believe there is an error in the system that they asked me for a Police Certificate from India. This is urgent - any response would be appreciated.

Best,
Pulakit
You need the PCC you had spent more than 6 months, before 2007 you were in India so had to provide that.

smrmeo

Sep 18, 2022
You need the PCC you had spent more than 6 months, before 2007 you were in India so had to provide that.
As per requirement on official website: "every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row"
And also "You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old"

He left Indian 2007 which is more than 10 years ago. Besides, he was 18 year old only on 2016, so by right he doesn't need to provide any PCC from India.

@pulakitm21 think you should send them a LOE and quote the requirement on their website and say that you don't need a PCC

pulakitm21

Mar 20, 2023
As per requirement on official website: "every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row"
And also "You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old"

He left Indian 2007 which is more than 10 years ago. Besides, he was 18 year old only on 2016, so by right he doesn't need to provide any PCC from India.

@pulakitm21 think you should send them a LOE and quote the requirement on their website and say that you don't need a PCC
@smrmeo Hey Thanks for the response - you are absolutely right.
I called an IRCC representative and they told me the same thing - they said to add a letter explaining why India PCC is not applicable for you and I will be doing that. He said this is very common when the system makes mistakes and asks for documents that may not be applicable.

Best,
Pulakit

zoh7009

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
@smrmeo Hey Thanks for the response - you are absolutely right.
I called an IRCC representative and they told me the same thing - they said to add a letter explaining why India PCC is not applicable for you and I will be doing that. He said this is very common when the system makes mistakes and asks for documents that may not be applicable.

Best,
Pulakit
Hello, Can you please provide a template for this letter?
Also if you can provide an update that would be appreciated.
I am also in the same situation. I need to Sponsor my spouse. this is her current timeline.
2022- April1 to July 15,- 3.5 months in a row
Sept1 to Nov1,- 3 months in a row,
Dec1 to 2023- To date- 4 months in a row

Can anyone suggest if we need the FBI certificate?