+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points on education

valioiko

Star Member
Jul 27, 2008
I think it's related to the Canada's job market. As far as I am informed, diplomas are more professionally oriented, since the BA and BSc are not.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

professional 1 said:
PMM said:
Hi

professional 1 said:
PMM said:
Hi

professional 1 said:
sorry am not wrong the question was :

Why then I will get 20 points for four-year Bachelor's degree with total 16 years of education, instead of 22 pints?

look at the question clearly at the beginning he said 16 years of education not 14 years
The maximum that you can get for 1 Bachelors degree is 20 points, no matter how you cut the cake.

PMM

he has 4 years bachelor not 1 year with a total of 16 years it means 22 points
The word is BACHELORS it doesn't matter if it took him 24 years to get the bachelors, he is still only going to get 20 points.

Here is the quote from the page for education.

If you studied less than the number of years listed with your highest degree or diploma, you must award yourself the points that match your years of study.

* Example 1: If you have a master's degree but have completed only 15 years of full-time study, award yourself 22 points.
* Example 2: If you have a three- or four-year bachelor's degree, and at least 14 years of education, award yourself 20 points.

PMM
you still missunderstand the point the insrtructions mean 12 years of school from grade one to grad 12 + 4 years bachelor degree = 16 years of study and this case will be 22 point as stated in the website

and the point here because some univeristies give the master degree and the bachelor at the same time in 4 years only so it will be 12 years of school + 4 years bachelor and master the result is 16 years this case you will be the same level as above and you will gain 22 points not 25 inspite of the master that you hold because the years of study are still 16

the point as in the following :

high school sholud be at least 12 yeras

bachelor degree should be 4 years

master one or two years

phd three years

so if you claim any degree of the above you need to have beside your degree the minimum number of years that are required in order to obtain that degree otherwise you will not get the exact points

hope that it is clear now
It may be clear to you, but it is still wrong. Hey but believe what you wish.

PMM

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

professional 1 said:
PMM said:
Hi

professional 1 said:
PMM said:
Hi

professional 1 said:
sorry am not wrong the question was :

Why then I will get 20 points for four-year Bachelor's degree with total 16 years of education, instead of 22 pints?

look at the question clearly at the beginning he said 16 years of education not 14 years
The maximum that you can get for 1 Bachelors degree is 20 points, no matter how you cut the cake.

PMM

The word is BACHELORS it doesn't matter if it took him 24 years to get the bachelors, he is still only going to get 20 points.

If you studied less than the number of years listed with your highest degree or diploma, you must award yourself the points that match your years of study.

* Example 1: If you have a master's degree but have completed only 15 years of full-time study, award yourself 22 points.
* Example 2: If you have a three- or four-year bachelor's degree, and at least 14 years of education, award yourself 20 points.

PMM
you still missunderstand the point the insrtructions mean 12 years of school from grade one to grad 12 + 4 years bachelor degree = 16 years of study and this case will be 22 point as stated in the website

and the point here because some univeristies give the master degree and the bachelor at the same time in 4 years only so it will be 12 years of school + 4 years bachelor and master the result is 16 years this case you will be the same level as above and you will gain 22 points not 25 inspite of the master that you hold because the years of study are still 16

master one or two years

phd three years

so if you claim any degree of the above you need to have beside your degree the minimum number of years that are required in order to obtain that degree otherwise you will not get the exact points

PMM

No dear believe the facts , anyway am not replying anymore because this is a waste of time

CANADA_83

Jun 11, 2011
hello respected members

can anybody tell me about my education points that I can claim:

I had completed three years Bachelors degree followed by one year post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications.Then I have completed one year post graduate diploma in marketing.

Therefore,I had completed 12 years schooling+3 years Bachelors degree+ 1 year PG diploma+ 1 year PG Diploma = 17 years of education in total.

can anybody tell me how many points I can claim ??

your replies will be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

linksalman

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th May 2011
Doc's Request.
ALREADY SENT
AOR Received.
9th-june-2011
IELTS Request
sent initially
File Transfer...
11th-July-2011 and In Process 21st-Dec-2012
Med's Request
20th February 2013
Med's Done....
1st March 2013, MED line added=12th March 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1> 11-September-2013 PPR2> 3rd October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12th Oct 2013
LANDED..........
Feb 2014
You have two or more university degrees at the bachelor's level and at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 22 points

It says TWO OR MORE....not with 1 bachelors degree

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:

PMM

PMM

master one or two years

phd three years

PMM

No dear believe the facts , anyway am not replying anymore because this is a waste of time
PMM, Maaties, others are correct. One bachelors degree and atleast 14 years of education (it can be 16 years for Engineering students in some countries like Pakistan, India, etc) will give you 20 points. It seems unfair but this is the fact and you have to beleive that. If you consider yourself 22 points for that you will be rejected I am afraid.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-education.asp

•Example 1: If you have a master’s degree but have completed only 15 years of full-time study, award yourself 22 points.
•Example 2: If you have a three- or four-year bachelor’s degree, and at least 14 years of education, award yourself 20 points.

Thanks

majdsalim

May 22, 2011
Hello dear seniors

may i ask you about my points:

i had a three years "certificate in Business Administration" THEN i got a 2 years "Bachelor Degree in Management"
and a total of 17 years of study .... what points do i get?

Thank you

kml2706

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011 , IP 10-08-11
Med's Request
29-06-2012
Med's Done....
2-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 20-08-12 Decision made 24-08-12 PPR2 17-09-12
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-12
LANDED..........
7th May,2013
pittabread said:
PMM, Maaties, others are correct. One bachelors degree and atleast 14 years of education (it can be 16 years for Engineering students in some countries like Pakistan, India, etc) will give you 20 points. It seems unfair but this is the fact and you have to beleive that. If you consider yourself 22 points for that you will be rejected I am afraid.

•Example 1: If you have a master's degree but have completed only 15 years of full-time study, award yourself 22 points.

•Example 2: If you have a three- or four-year bachelor's degree, and at least 14 years of education, award yourself 20 points.

Thanks
Dear Pitta & Others,

I have degree in Bachelor in Pharmacy (4 years) and degree in Doctorate in Pharmacy (1 year)(condensed but full time course)
full year of study is 17 years
can u plz tell me my educational points?

Thanks in advance

WS

vir_ajay

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
18-07-2011
Interview........
14-05-2012
Passport Req..
sent by mail on 19/11/2011 which i never got it....then found it by case enquiry on 23/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2012
LANDED..........
02-06-2012
hi i have a doubt while filling my background application forms under family class spouse

its very complicated so can you plz help me to calculate my education detail....

you done Primary school 1 to 7 class----7 years
then the secondary school 8 to 10 class ----3 years
then High secondary 11 an 12 class -----2 years

but

but at last in 12th class i fail so i didn't try again

then

i went to Diploma course on base of 10th (secondary school) for 3 years.
you can do same Diploma course on base of high school (12th class) but in 2 years.... its same thing...

so now i am confuse,
what should i put?

i can put either N/A or Fail....
and how i calculate total number of formal education...

i was thinking

primary school ---7
secondary/ high school ---4
Diploma---3

something else

plz help me to fill this

i need to send a application a soon possible

kochi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Hi PMM

I have completed three years bachelor then two years Masters degree. Can I claim 25 points from education. Waiting reply from you. As per guideline I awarded 25 points because in website mentioned that you have a master's or PhD and at least 17 years of full time study then 25 points.

Regards.

PMM said:
Hi

who told you that you will get only 20 points !!!! according to your information 4 years bachelor dgeree and at least 16 years equal to 22 ponits not 20 : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-education.asp

Your wrong, "You have a university degree of two years or more at the bachelor's level and at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 20 points

You have a master's degree or PhD and at least 17 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 25 points

You have two or more university degrees at the bachelor's level and at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 22 points

You have a three-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 22 points

You have a university degree of two years or more at the bachelor's level and at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 20 points

You have a two-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 20 points

You have a one-year university degree at the bachelor's level and at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 15 points

You have a one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 15 points

You have a one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and at least 12 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 12 points

You completed high school. 5 points

PMM