+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POINTS ENQUIRY ABOUT CANADA IMMIGRATION

farhan.baig

Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends,

I have applied for Canada Immigration.My case was through from Nova Scotia and in August, i have submitted my full documents with IELTS.

I am married and my Mrs is grauate,I have deposited visa fee only CAD 550 for my self only but i have sumitted my Mrs documents as well with her application form.Intially i will move alone and once i will settle down, i will sponsor my family.My points are more than the required scale but with my Mrs.10 points for education.

Now, today i met one of my friend and he said me that i will not get my Mrs. points because i am not taking her with me at this stage.

Friends, i am very much tense because now its 7 months that i have sent my documents.

Please advise me.

Your immediate reply will be highly appreciated

Regards

Farhan

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whether your wife is going or not, you can claim adaptability points from her education however I think the maximum you can claim from her is 5points in terms of education not 10points.

Which visa office are you from?

farhan.baig

Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so very much.Are you sure about that?
Anyone else who may be sure can share please
Well i am from Pakistan (ISLAMABAD VISA OFFICE)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

barsindoo said:
Whether your wife is going or not, you can claim adaptability points from her education however I think the maximum you can claim from her is 5points in terms of education not 10points.

Which visa office are you from?
Wrong, if the spouse is not accompanying, no adaptability points for her.

PMM

Drooza

Sep 9, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 Sep. 2009
Doc's Request.
17 Nov. 2009
AOR Received.
18 FEB. 2010
File Transfer...
17 Nov. 2009
Med's Request
20 March 2013
Med's Done....
09 April 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17 june 2013
VISA ISSUED...
18 July 2013
LANDED..........
sept 29 2013
no its not true if your wife accompanying you or not you will recevie her education points up to 5.This is comformed by me in my old case i have received point for my wife education so don't worry send her document with your application inshallah you will get points this is my guaranty.

mianrab

Feb 21, 2010
Dont worry my friend you can claim points for your spouse but its max 5 not 10. Secondly its not limited to accompanying your wife either with or not if she is in your application details you can claim her point and insha allah it will be awarded to you. Dont worry

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mianrab said:
Dont worry my friend you can claim points for your spouse but its max 5 not 10. Secondly its not limited to accompanying your wife either with or not if she is in your application details you can claim her point and insha allah it will be awarded to you. Dont worry
I suggest you read the processing manual which states

"Pursuant to R77, these requirements and criteria must be met at the time the application is made,
as well as at the time the visa is issued. Therefore:
• if an applicant’s spouse or common-law partner is no longer accompanying them, then any
points that they may have received for their adaptability cannot be counted;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf Page 29

PMM

farhan.baig

Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any one else can share the experience or any latest stuff, you are most welcom.

Farhan

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
• if an applicant's spouse or common-law partner is no longer accompanying them, then any
points that they may have received for their adaptability cannot be counted;

PMM
PMM thanks for the detail.