+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points deducted after birthday?

reef

Mar 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there,

Has anyone had their birthday after being excepted into the Express Entry pool? I'm just wondering if you loose points after you gain a year. Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reef said:
Hello there,

Has anyone had their birthday after being excepted into the Express Entry pool? I'm just wondering if you loose points after you gain a year. Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers
You lose points for every year after 30. I believe CIC expects you to adjust your EE profile accordingly. If you get an ITA after your birthday, and your adjusted points fall below the cut-off point, your PR application won't be accepted. However, if your birthday comes AFTER the ITA but before you turn in your PR application, it won't matter that your points fell.

shakashaka

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
reef said:
Hello there,

Cheers
I lost 5 points recently my Birthday was May 15, I was at 457 and it went down to 452. It will really suck if the next cut off is 453 plus.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
You lose points for every year after 30. I believe CIC expects you to adjust your EE profile accordingly. If you get an ITA after your birthday, and your adjusted points fall below the cut-off point, your PR application won't be accepted. However, if your birthday comes AFTER the ITA but before you turn in your PR application, it won't matter that your points fell.
Your birthday will automatically taken into account to calculate your age by the system before giving you an ITA. The system considers your last completed date of birth to calculate your points for age.

ipiyush

Apr 18, 2017
My score did not fell down on my birthday, usually how much time it takes to update in my EE profile?

G33

Jan 28, 2017
I have similar query. I'm waiting for PT letter of interest from Ontario.

What will happen to my application if I get the PT piror to my birthday and while the application is in process my points fall by 5.

SidhuZ

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
SCR
App. Filed.......
24/04/2023
AOR Received.
06/06/2023
Not sure about PNP process, but after ITA the score reduction due to age does not impact application

ipiyush

Apr 18, 2017
I have not received an ITA, I am at 413, and with the increase in age it should have changed to 408. but I see no change in my EE profile.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
off late the change in score post birthday isnt happening in 24 hrs but taking around a week.

Pls check guys

Kelvin Isah

Mar 2, 2017
Hello every one,

Today iş my birthday, I just checked my EE profile to see if my score will reduce but its still the same.

Just want to know how this will come to effect.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello every one,

Today iş my birthday, I just checked my EE profile to see if my score will reduce but its still the same.

Just want to know how this will come to effect.
It should be automatic but unfortunately the system is garbage so it might take some time.

If you want an immediate update then you'd have to create a new profile.

SingYeah

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
Hi all, my CRS score was 443 and I had my birthday this 18th October. I am seeing 5 points (now 438) deducted because of that. What's the best course of action here? I don't think scores will fall below 440 anytime soon?

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Hi all, my CRS score was 443 and I had my birthday this 18th October. I am seeing 5 points (now 438) deducted because of that. What's the best course of action here? I don't think scores will fall below 440 anytime soon?
You didn't get an ITA on the 15th?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
I had got my ITA on 15th Sep
Don't worry at all. This is only exemption IRCC provides to all applicants. Submit your application on time. Case analyst will compare your age between ITA and eAPR. Changes of age will be exempted and you will be assessed based on age points at the time of ITA.

Good Luck!