+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POF

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Hey guys,

I know that there are many post about POF requirement. However, I’m trying to see whether anyone immigrated from USA to Canada and used the USA accounts statements and CIC accepted them in lieu of the letter per their instructions.

I’m having issues getting my investment account provider to give me a letter that satisfies CIC requirements and all of the communication is via phone so no trace. I guess I can try to get a letter from another institution.

Another question, do we need to supply letters for all of our accounts from all the different institutions such as credit cards, mortgages, etc.

Thanks.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
I had carried US BOFA checking account statements and CBSA did not raise any issues during landing. You are not required to show mortgage and credit card debts.

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
I qualified through a PNP program and was not required to show funds at application stage.
I also qualify for BCPNP but is being asked for POF. Maybe different province and different rules maybe. I’m going to try Chase and see what my local branch says.

Thanks

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
Did you apply under the regular PNP program? I believe that under the regular PNP program that you may not need to submit POF with the application. However I’m applying under the EE PNP stream which means I have to also satisfy the EE requirement and the federal skill worker program that I qualified under requires POF.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Did you apply under the regular PNP program? I believe that under the regular PNP program that you may not need to submit POF with the application. However I’m applying under the EE PNP stream which means I have to also satisfy the EE requirement and the federal skill worker program that I qualified under requires POF.
Mine was QSW and sorry I misread your first post. I thought you were asking for POF at the time of landing.