+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POF - is a gift deed from my uncle acceptable?

chnd

Sep 22, 2018
Hi everyone,

I received my ITA in the previous draw and am in the process of preparing the required documents. For proof of funds, I do not have a 6 month history as I closed my previous bank account a couple of months ago and opened a new one. The new one has 50% of the money I need to show as POF. If I got the other 50% as a gift from my uncle and get a gift deed for it, will it hurt my application?

For some context, I have a bank account in the US and my uncle is a US citizen. If anyone has information about getting gift deeds in the US, as I read it can vary by country, I would most appreciate it.

Thank you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi everyone,

I received my ITA in the previous draw and am in the process of preparing the required documents. For proof of funds, I do not have a 6 month history as I closed my previous bank account a couple of months ago and opened a new one. The new one has 50% of the money I need to show as POF. If I got the other 50% as a gift from my uncle and get a gift deed for it, will it hurt my application?

For some context, I have a bank account in the US and my uncle is a US citizen. If anyone has information about getting gift deeds in the US, as I read it can vary by country, I would most appreciate it.

Thank you.
YEs, you can get a gift deed from your uncle. However, it would be much better if it is from your parents, so siblings. You will have to have the inter vivid gift deed drafted which meets the IRCC standards and also the US state laws where the donor is.

chnd

Sep 22, 2018
YEs, you can get a gift deed from your uncle. However, it would be much better if it is from your parents, so siblings. You will have to have the inter vivid gift deed drafted which meets the IRCC standards and also the US state laws where the donor is.
Thank you very much for the information. I do have a sibling in the US. Can you tell me what the IRCC standards are for gift deeds and, if possible, point me towards a draft I can use? Can I prepare it myself or does somebody have to prepare it for me?

Additionally, would a summary from my bank after the transfer is complete and the gift deed suffice or do I need any other documents?

SamtoCanada

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Thank you very much for the information. I do have a sibling in the US. Can you tell me what the IRCC standards are for gift deeds and, if possible, point me towards a draft I can use? Can I prepare it myself or does somebody have to prepare it for me?

Additionally, would a summary from my bank after the transfer is complete and the gift deed suffice or do I need any other documents?
Hey buddy, how did you go about it - its time for you to share your wisdom :D