+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POF (Express Entry)

BLUE100THN

Dec 5, 2017
Hi guys,

This question is about proof of funds. I know it has been tackled in so many threads but I need some more clarity.

I am currently working in Canada as an engineer. Must I still show I have $12,000 to support myself here in Canada or does my current income suffice?

Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are not a CEC applicant or if you do not have a valid job offer then you must show POF.

BLUE100THN

Dec 5, 2017
Thanks for your speedy response DelPiero07. So as a CEC applicant with a valid job offer, providing an official letter issued by my financial institution indicating my financial profile will suffice right? Bearing in mind I do not have 12,000 saved up.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do not require a letter from your bank, a simple letter stating that you are a CEC applicant and thus, no POF are required is sufficient.

BLUE100THN

Dec 5, 2017
Thanks for your help. It is a bit confusing since in the document checklist section, the instructions for POF for Express Entry - Permanent Residents indicate you must provide an official letter from your financial institution.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

"Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."

Sabarish

Jul 10, 2017
Hi Guys, I have my complete POF as FD that was opened 7 months ago.. Can I just submit FD covering letter & FB statement or is it mandatory to submit my bank statements as well

UmairS

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hello
I am a bit afraid of the following:

I submitted my 6 months bank statement for POF, and its first and last page are signed and stamped. 1st page shows opening balance which is around 6k dollars, and last page has closing balance which is 13k dollars. In between there was a gift I received from mother of 4.5k dollars, I have attached all gift deed and relevant documents. rest of the money is all my salary transfers into my account as shown in the pages b/w the 1st and last page. Should I still get these middle pages signed and stamped? and

mravi06

Feb 5, 2018
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

"Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."
hi can you answer this

Hi Guys,

I am in a dilemma regarding how to show proof of funds for my application I have auto loan and a savings account and a checking account and IRA account from the same bank and the bank is providing the monthly statement which includes the monthly summary of all my accounts individual summary is not available as far as my understanding is it best to not show the auto-loan what should I do in this case? is it advisable to open a new FD account or to show my current accounts as it is?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi can you answer this

Hi Guys,

I am in a dilemma regarding how to show proof of funds for my application I have auto loan and a savings account and a checking account and IRA account from the same bank and the bank is providing the monthly statement which includes the monthly summary of all my accounts individual summary is not available as far as my understanding is it best to not show the auto-loan what should I do in this case? is it advisable to open a new FD account or to show my current accounts as it is?
Show the account as is.

mravi06

Feb 5, 2018
hi can you answer this

Hi Guys,

Show the account as is.
Thanks for the reply so do I need to explain in LOE regarding the loan?

layDB

Apr 3, 2018
Hi guys,

I need clarification on this please.
I recently received ITA and I need to submit POF from 6 months ago, but my account didn't have much until beginning of March. Is this a problem?

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
Hello guys,
Can anybody clarify if Fixed Deposit/ Any kind of deposit ( NSC/KVP/RD) with Post Office is acceptable as POF.
Thanks.