+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POF - Bank certificates

R.R

Jan 7, 2011
Dear All,

I have bank certificates from 2 banks where I have made Fixed Deposits to show as POF , these certificates are dated 4 months back, can I use these original bank certificates while filing application now. The FD's have been made for a years period , maturing in Sept 2011

Thanks

RR

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
R.R said:
Dear All,

I have bank certificates from 2 banks where I have made Fixed Deposits to show as POF , these certificates are dated 4 months back, can I use these original bank certificates while filing application now. The FD's have been made for a years period , maturing in Sept 2011

Thanks

RR
You should have no issues. Though nothing in the laws or regulations requires that POF must be with recent date, however if you can regenerate that bank certificate with more recent date to the date of filing your app, this would better.

Cheers

Mezo

R.R

Jan 7, 2011
Thank you Omm and Mezo. I tried to get a recent one, but the bank official said we have already issued a certificate , in case anybody wants to verify, they can call the officials to clarify.

Regards

R.R

j.nikey

Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Isn't the FD certificate issued by the bank alone not enough, is a bank certificate really required?
If the bank certificate is still required, why not just put the money in account and get the certificate for it (instead of doing a FD)?

Also, can anybody tell me if i can use property evaluation towards POF with the application?
It would be great if anyone from India has used it and can explain the process.

Thanks

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
I'm not aware of the process in India, but yes property evaluation can be used for POF.

Cheers

Mezo

adamvaid

Sep 10, 2010
australia
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney,australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan2010
Doc's Request.
march2010
File Transfer...
july2010
Med's Request
received
Med's Done....
21 jan 2011
Interview........
29 NOV 2010
Passport Req..
30 MAY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
ISSUED
LANDED..........
AUG 2011
Yes mezzo is right. U can use FD as pof. As I did but later on at the time of interview vo told me to show bank statement as well. Bcoz sometime applicants borrow money from someone and make FD. So vo just want to make sure that the money in FD is ur own . Bottom line is u can use FD as pof if vo require any further document then they will let u know.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
R.R said:
Dear All,

Thanks

RR
No, u can't.

Sorry OMM...

omm said:
yes you can.

OMM
U need a 'recent' dated bank cert. The VO's reasonning would be simple - 4 months is too long, what if the money isn't there now. Ditto for FDs issued long ago - even if they r yet unmatured... The CIC would then require fresh banker's letters stating the availability of the funds, which needs to be attached to copies of those FDs.

Remember, in most cases we r requsted for 'updated POF' again, midway of our processing -- the requirement is due to the foregoing. Even if u submit those outdated certs - the chances r soon u'd be asked for an fresh bank cert -- Result: Additional BF'Ds (Meaning: Delay/s) -- Advice: Get a Fresh One (u may need to pay another fees to the bank though, but they r bound to issue u fresh certs).

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Mezo2009 said:
I'm not aware of the process in India, but yes property evaluation can be used for POF.

Cheers

Mezo
Not necessarily.
Not all VOs 'accept' property as a POF. CHC-London doesn't... and there r others too.

Qorax

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Hi Qorax,

In fact yes. London VO did accept property evaluations. I stay in Dubai and couple of my friends already did this for London. They got their valuations thru Landmak Properties. As a matter of fact, in 2010, most of real estate revenue came from property valuations for immigrations purposes as per an article in Gulf News/Arabian Business as I recall.

Though POF must be recent, but I couldn't find any evidence in the OP6, Immigration and Refugee Protection Act or Regulation, hence four months could be ok.

However, I agree at the time of passport stamping, VO's would require more recent POF.

Cheers

Mezo

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
R.R said:
Dear All,

Thanks

RR
Hi,

I would suggest send the most recent one. CHC will ask for an updated proof again and that can delay the decision.

Go to the bank and tell them that it is their obligation to issue you a bank certificate or an updated statement as you are their customer. Tell them the High Commission has asked for it again. See it is always better to follow the guidelines. It is very much stated in the guide that it should be recent. Qorax has mentioned it as well and I agree with him here

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Mezo2009 said:
Hi Qorax,

In fact yes. London VO did accept property evaluations. I stay in Dubai and couple of my friends already did this for London. They got their valuations thru Landmak Properties. As a matter of fact, in 2010, most of real estate revenue came from property valuations for immigrations purposes as per an article in Gulf News/Arabian Business as I recall.

Though POF must be recent, but I couldn't find any evidence in the OP6, Immigration and Refugee Protection Act or Regulation, hence four months could be ok.

However, I agree at the time of passport stamping, VO's would require more recent POF.

Cheers

Mezo
VO Specific Instructions, Skilled Workers-London, Section 11, Page A-5 states:
11. SETTLEMENT FUNDS
Refer to the "Proof of Funds" section of our Web site for exact figures and instructions.
Provide proof of unencumbered and readily transferable funds in a convertible currency available for settlement in Canada (for you and your family members):
• Current bank certification letter; or
• Evidence of savings balance; or
• Fixed or time deposit statements.

j.nikey

Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rocky272727 said:
Hi,

I would suggest send the most recent one. CHC will ask for an updated proof again and that can delay the decision.

Go to the bank and tell them that it is their obligation to issue you a bank certificate or an updated statement as you are their customer. Tell them the High Commission has asked for it again. See it is always better to follow the guidelines. It is very much stated in the guide that it should be recent. Qorax has mentioned it as well and I agree with him here
Hi,

Are there any specific guidelines to be followed while preparing FDs, like.. (am looking for more India specific answers)

- banks whose certificates are accepted (or not accepted)
- tenure of FD

For funds in Savings Account, just a certification letter from 'branch manager' is enough, or a statement is required, or both?

I am actually looking for solution which show funds on a particular date (will try to keep that date within 2-3 weeks before sending the application) rather than over a period of time (such as account statement) so that it does not reflect that amount has been accumulated from somewhere. Although the amount will remain with me, but i will be getting almost 90% from my parents over a period of 20-25 days.

Plz advice..