+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pof - amount is in my spouse's account

jankin

Feb 18, 2021
Hi
For pof - the money is in my spouse's account. I am the main applicant and my spouse is my dependent. What needs to be done in this case? Apart from opening a joint account. How to prove that my spouse has access to my account?

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Hi
For pof - the money is in my spouse's account. I am the main applicant and my spouse is my dependent. What needs to be done in this case? Apart from opening a joint account. How to prove that my spouse has access to my account?
After opening joint account, get a statement from your bank with your names on it + balance + duration etc. Write an LOE saying that you both have access to these at all times.

jankin

Feb 18, 2021
I don’t think that’s the case : as per ircc website
If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money.

my question is about second line. How to prove i have access to spouse’s account?

Drudkhoz

Feb 19, 2021
If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money.

my question is about second line. How to prove i have access to spouse’s account?
You may get a notarized Letter of Authorisation which states you have access to your spouse’s account. Mention all the account details. Letter should be written by spouse.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020

Like others mentioned getting a notarized letter can help, why dont you get a joint account it is very simple and straight forward and avoids all unnecessary paperwork.

RTAHIR

Star Member
Mar 2, 2017
Turkey
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi
Hi were you able to find the actual solution to it? I'm in the same boat right now