+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POF - Accounts in Multiple countries and Spouse account

Ocean.vp

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Hi Folks,

I have a Proof of Funds Question.
I am currently in India and I have some money in my US account (worked last year there).
Can i show last 6 month bank account statements generated by US bank website online, As i won't be able to get signed and stamped statement (Bank is bank of america).

Second bank account which i will be using is in India and is of my spouse.
Here i can get bank certificate and last 6 months statements stamped.
And will add a declaration from her that she will be accompanying and i can use these funds (on white paper).

Please advice if this looks fine.

vp

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi Folks,

I am currently in India and I have some money in my US account (worked last year there).
Can i show last 6 month bank account statements generated by US bank website online, As i won't be able to get signed and stamped statement (Bank is bank of america).

And will add a declaration from her that she will be accompanying and i can use these funds (on white paper).

vp
Yes you can use multiple accounts. For Bank of America, ask them to send a letter to you via mail. They have a format for this in which they mention the average balance of last 6 months. Together with that letter, you can attach the last 6 months statements. No sign or stamp required.

And you can use your spouse's bank account as per your plan.

Good luck!

Ocean.vp

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Thanks.
And I hope declaration on normal paper should be fine for declaring funds from my spouse's account.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Hi All,

I am in similar situation. I have lived in Singapore and I have an active account in India as well. I have more than sufficient funds in both the accounts. I am planning to submit the account statements for both the accounts. For Singapore and Indian account they will be issuing the letter in their own currency. Is there a need to convert that to CAD or not required?.

Further does it add value if you show more funds than required? I have good amount of money parked in equity of a blue chip company and that equity I got as a RSU when I used to work there. Should I add the statement of the Equity as well?

Thanks

drnehaar

Jun 12, 2018
Hi Folks,

vp
Hello ,
I am in a similar situation like you wherein my bank statement and confirmation letter from my foreign account is not stamped . Please suggest what you have done for this?