+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POE: Work Permit Issue with NEW Passport

T.O.

Jul 10, 2014
Hi there,

started a new topic as I haven't found anything yet to my problem. So I recently received my approval from CIC to work in Canada for another year, this time under the "Young Professionals" category through IEC.

However, my passport is about to expire in June next year and I'm sure I wouldn't get a 1-year work permit upon my return to Canada on Oct-1.

My question: Will I have issues at the Port of Entry if I had a new passport though I would also bring my old one with me? Anybody experienced something like that? Does anybody has other ideas?

Please help!!!!!! Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

T.O. said:
Hi there,

started a new topic as I haven't found anything yet to my problem. So I recently received my approval from CIC to work in Canada for another year, this time under the "Young Professionals" category through IEC.

However, my passport is about to expire in June next year and I'm sure I wouldn't get a 1-year work permit upon my return to Canada on Oct-1.

My question: Will I have issues at the Port of Entry if I had a new passport though I would also bring my old one with me? Anybody experienced something like that? Does anybody has other ideas?

Please help!!!!!! Thanks!
No, you won't have issues.

T.O.

Jul 10, 2014
But I have to mention that I will obtain a new passport number. I hope that doesn't make a difference?

Thanks

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just carry both your old and new passports and you'll be fine.