+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP Work permit support letter without nomination

shanew

Jan 16, 2022
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Just getting back to this thread, i was working tax season. I was in a pretty hopeless situation at the time as there was no CEC draws, went to my employer late and they said they would support my PNP application. Also, I went and talked immigration consultant and she suggested that I try this: apply for PNP and then apply for work permit extension before my work permit expired, and attach an explanation letter with my application, explaining why I applied without nomination letter and WPSL.

That's what i did and 3 weeks later I received nomination letter and WPSL which I sent through web form to be added to my application. Then I applied for PR once I gathered all documents and recently received AOR & biometric instruction letter. Have not received the decision on work permit application letter as of today! Now i am wondering if I could apply for BOWP as there are no employment restrictions on my nomination.

I got myself in a pretty complicated situation and cant go back now. If I get temporary banned from holding a work permit, so be it - it just wouldn't benefit anybody. As shanew said, I'll get in touch with a lawyer on how to proceed.
All the best, I hope everything works out! Let us know how it goes.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Just getting back to this thread, i was working tax season. I was in a pretty hopeless situation at the time as there was no CEC draws, went to my employer late and they said they would support my PNP application. Also, I went and talked immigration consultant and she suggested that I try this: apply for PNP and then apply for work permit extension before my work permit expired, and attach an explanation letter with my application, explaining why I applied without nomination letter and WPSL.

That's what i did and 3 weeks later I received nomination letter and WPSL which I sent through web form to be added to my application. Then I applied for PR once I gathered all documents and recently received AOR & biometric instruction letter. Have not received the decision on work permit application letter as of today! Now i am wondering if I could apply for BOWP as there are no employment restrictions on my nomination.

I got myself in a pretty complicated situation and cant go back now. If I get temporary banned from holding a work permit, so be it - it just wouldn't benefit anybody. As shanew said, I'll get in touch with a lawyer on how to proceed.
Your lawyer has given you advice which could potentially render you inadmissible or lead to a refusal, which means you'll lose working rights and have to restore your status till you get them back. You exploited the benefit of maintained status without meeting the conditions of a work permit at the time you applied. This is exactly the same as people applying for common-law sponsorship 8, 9 or 10 months into the relationship, thinking that by the time IRCC process it they would meet the 12 month criteria. That's not how it works. If everyone was exploiting maintained status, half of Canada would just be illegal workers because they keep applying for new work permits without meeting the criteria.

You must meet the eligibility conditions when you apply, not after the fact.

Honestly this is poor advice and it's disappointing to see people game the system. Your lawyer should be fired/reported for this, she's put you at risk.

Reactions: shanew