+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP (SINP) nominee to PR: Missing documents

mithila

May 9, 2011
Hello,

I am an applicant for PR and I have been nominated by SINP. Now I need to mail all required documents to Federal government by 5th January 2015. Due to personal problem, I had to travel to my home country (i.e. i am outside Canada) intending to stay for a month. But situation (personal problem) is such that I may not be able to return to Canada before April 2015.

In this situation there are few pressing concern that I need help with. CIC is not replying to any of my mail. Below are my questions:

1) Is there any way to ask for police clearance without being personally present in Canada? If yes, how to do it? If no, then is it alright to send all my documents, except police clearance from Saskatchewan Police, by January 5th 2015? That is, is it alright to send the missing document later?

2) In case I am allowed to send missing documents, how much time will I be allowed for sending them?

I am really and need help. Hoping to hear from some one helpful.

Thanks in advance

Mithi

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
mithila said:
Hello,

I am an applicant for PR and I have been nominated by SINP. Now I need to mail all required documents to Federal government by 5th January 2015. Due to personal problem, I had to travel to my home country (i.e. i am outside Canada) intending to stay for a month. But situation (personal problem) is such that I may not be able to return to Canada before April 2015.

In this situation there are few pressing concern that I need help with. CIC is not replying to any of my mail. Below are my questions:

1) Is there any way to ask for police clearance without being personally present in Canada? If yes, how to do it? If no, then is it alright to send all my documents, except police clearance from Saskatchewan Police, by January 5th 2015? That is, is it alright to send the missing document later?

2) In case I am allowed to send missing documents, how much time will I be allowed for sending them?

I am really and need help. Hoping to hear from some one helpful.

Thanks in advance

Mithi
Hi,

There is no need of RCMP clearance with your PR application. It is only needed when CIC requests it and you get 60 days to submit it.

mithila

May 9, 2011
Thank you so much for quick reply.

When I received my nomination email, SINP also sent a link of a document called "What to do next" whose step 2 is as follow:

"Visit the CIC website for instructions on how to apply for a Police Certificate/Clearance for you and any family member over the age of 18 for
all countries they have lived in for 6 months or longer since turning 18 years old."

My confusion arises from the word "ALL countries", which I have highlighted above. I have lived in Saskatchewan for 3 years already. So doesn't that mean, along with my home country's police clearance certificate, I also need to submit Canadian police clearance certificate? Or do the words "all countries" refer to all other countries I have lived in as an adult, except Canada? I am very confused. Please kindly help.

Thanks again for last reply. It feels great to see people are so helpful in this forum.

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
mithila said:
Thank you so much for quick reply.

When I received my nomination email, SINP also sent a link of a document called "What to do next" whose step 2 is as follow:

"Visit the CIC website for instructions on how to apply for a Police Certificate/Clearance for you and any family member over the age of 18 for
all countries they have lived in for 6 months or longer since turning 18 years old."

My confusion arises from the word "ALL countries", which I have highlighted above. I have lived in Saskatchewan for 3 years already. So doesn't that mean, along with my home country's police clearance certificate, I also need to submit Canadian police clearance certificate? Or do the words "all countries" refer to all other countries I have lived in as an adult, except Canada? I am very confused. Please kindly help.

Thanks again for last reply. It feels great to see people are so helpful in this forum.
You need a PCC from all countries except Canada and you can send your application without the PCC from the other countries at the time of sending your PR application. CIC will provide you 60 days to submit the PCC during processing of your application.

mithila

May 9, 2011
Thank you so much Astasi and Maxmax for your support. You guys saved me from a lot of unnecessary hassles. :D Thanks a lot.

clarizcarl

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Hi. I have the same situation I send my application last march 24 and they received it in march26 without providing any police clearance from here i live in SK for 1yr but I include my police clearance from back home. Do I really dont need to get one from here. Thanks for your reply

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
clarizcarl said:
Hi. I have the same situation I send my application last march 24 and they received it in march26 without providing any police clearance from here i live in SK for 1yr but I include my police clearance from back home. Do I really dont need to get one from here. Thanks for your reply
RCMP is not required until CIC requests for it.