07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017 Medical passed 12-02-2017
Passport Req..
21-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2017
LANDED..........
22-09-2017(did soft landing, yet to make permanent move)
Any updates?
I hv been waiting for reply to the CSE raised to ADVO. they said it might take 28 days to reply so probably by next month they will think of sending some kind of reply

solimane

Oct 20, 2013
saskapr2015 said:
Any updates?
I hv been waiting for reply to the CSE raised to ADVO. they said it might take 28 days to reply so probably by next month they will think of sending some kind of reply
same here

Luder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Halifax
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Can't find a match, unfortunately!
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 17, 2016
Nomination.....
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
October 15, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A for eAPR
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
25 Sept, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
February 14, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2017
LANDED..........
July 31, 2017
Hi friends,

I am new to this thread. I got Nominated by Nova Scotia - Provincial nomination under demand express entry stream. So far my application processing time was within the projected period. Example - Nova Scotia office of Immigration said it will take about a year or more for my application to be assessed. And it happened exactly as they said.

I got ITA 4 months ago from CIC. And my application was officially accepted on 15 October, 2016. Three and a half months over. CIC indicates that they process applications in 6 months or less. But no promises.

Of late, I was browsing this forum and I noticed many have commented that Abu Dhabi Visa office is one of the slowest offices. I have decided to leave Abu Dhabi and go to my home country in about 3 months time from now. I am afraid whether or not my family and I will get the PR visas stamped in our Passports within the next 3 months time? I didn't have any doubt before but now after seeing Abu Dhabi office works at a slow pace I am slightly worried.

Friends, please share if any of you have applied from Abu Dhabi - UAE and how long they took for processing your applications from the time you submitted your apps to CIC.

And, if I move out of this country and go to my home country, is there any facility like submitting the passports to the local Canadian visa office in my home country and get our visas stamped (or) I have no option other than staying here until our visas get stamped?

Please share your experiences and suggestions.

Best,

Luder

autumn_is_coming

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Province Apr 29, 2015; Federal Nov 13, 2015
Nomination.....
Jul 31, 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
IELTS Request
enclosed with application
File Transfer...
Feb 12, 2016 sent; Mar 1,2016 received by ADVO
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
Jan 2, 2017. my CIC update: Jan 11, 2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Luder said:
Hi friends,

I am new to this thread. I got Nominated by Nova Scotia - Provincial nomination under demand express entry stream. So far my application processing time was within the projected period. Example - Nova Scotia office of Immigration said it will take about a year or more for my application to be assessed. And it happened exactly as they said.

I got ITA 4 months ago from CIC. And my application was officially accepted on 15 October, 2016. Three and a half months over. CIC indicates that they process applications in 6 months or less. But no promises.

Of late, I was browsing this forum and I noticed many have commented that Abu Dhabi Visa office is one of the slowest offices. I have decided to leave Abu Dhabi and go to my home country in about 3 months time from now. I am afraid whether or not my family and I will get the PR visas stamped in our Passports within the next 3 months time? I didn't have any doubt before but now after seeing Abu Dhabi office works at a slow pace I am slightly worried.

Friends, please share if any of you have applied from Abu Dhabi - UAE and how long they took for processing your applications from the time you submitted your apps to CIC.

And, if I move out of this country and go to my home country, is there any facility like submitting the passports to the local Canadian visa office in my home country and get our visas stamped (or) I have no option other than staying here until our visas get stamped?

Please share your experiences and suggestions.

Best,

Luder
Hey Luder,

you can check this spreadsheet for past applicants history: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NjY0Ww2cgVCgg_NYi04kGQIb_BHEzaGQOIYmRuJrB0M/edit#gid=706231776
after medicals are done, in past it was taking on average 4 month to receive visa, not sure how it is now, as all of us are confused with the delay from ADVO.

I have moved out of Dubai and informed ADVO about address change and it has NOT yet been changed for 3.5 weeks. (It should be changed within 5 days as per CIC website). Not sure what is going on there. seems like everything is delayed. they also don't respond to any enquires.

As for sending your passports - you 100% may send it to any authorized office anywhere in the world.
here is a response i received from them, when i raised same question:
"You can submit your passport to any visa office you wish. Just go to the Visa application Center with the Passport Required letter sent to you."

Hope this helps,
Good luck

tomasmrsfg

Oct 2, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
fellow applicants,

I sent a CSE @ ADVO last January 12, 2017 and here is their response:

This is in response to your recent email enquiry.

The file remains in the active processing queue. At this time we are unable to provide any specific timeframes as to when this application may be finalized. Please note that files are processed on a first-come-first-served basis.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Best regards,

Immigration section | RA
Canadian Embassy | United Arab Emirates

solimane

Oct 20, 2013
tomasmrsfg said:
fellow applicants,

The file remains in the active processing queue. At this time we are unable to provide any specific timeframes as to when this application may be finalized. Please note that files are processed on a first-come-first-served basis.

Best regards,

Immigration section | RA
today I have received the same response!!!!!

tomasmrsfg

Oct 2, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
solimane said:
today I have received the same response!!!!!
we don't know what month are they processing now..

autumn_is_coming

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
Jul 31, 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
tomasmrsfg said:
fellow applicants,

Best regards,

Immigration section | RA
OMG! This is insane! I received same response like 9 month ago.
How long is this queue?? it's agonizing....

Luder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Halifax
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 17, 2016
Nomination.....
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
October 15, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A for eAPR
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
25 Sept, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
February 14, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2017
LANDED..........
July 31, 2017
autumn_is_coming said:
Hi buddy,

It sounds really insane.

Well, I think my condition is slightly different. I didn't wait for the visa office to ask for medicals - I did an upfront medicals immediately after ITA and sent all the docs along with medicals tracking sheets. And within the next 2 days I saw in my CIC account I saw medicals showing passed status.

Since that time I am only seeing processing on the 'eligibility check' and 'background check'. Just recently I'm seeing when I click the 'final decision' help section with a question mark, it says 'final decision has been reached in my case, and I will be notified thru CIC account if approved and if refused will be informed the reason for refusal!

I don't understand - if they've reached final decision, why are they not letting me know? It is showing the same status for the past 4 weeks!

I will attach the screen shot. Just comment what you feel.

It's really insane.

And if that "Final decision - help section (?) is pressed I see like this

This is really driving me crazy!

Just see and comment what you guys feel and also share if this is the same case with yours.

Best,

Luder

solimane

Oct 20, 2013
autumn_is_coming said:
we have to find a way to know in which month they are currently working....this is the only way we can estimate our timing

solimane

Oct 20, 2013
Luder said:
Hi buddy,

It sounds really insane.

Well, I think my condition is slightly different. I didn't wait for the visa office to ask for medicals - I did an upfront medicals immediately after ITA and sent all the docs along with medicals tracking sheets. And within the next 2 days I saw in my CIC account I saw medicals showing passed status.

Since that time I am only seeing processing on the 'eligibility check' and 'background check'. Just recently I'm seeing when I click the 'final decision' help section with a question mark, it says 'final decision has been reached in my case, and I will be notified thru CIC account if approved and if refused will be informed the reason for refusal!

I don't understand - if they've reached final decision, why are they not letting me know? It is showing the same status for the past 4 weeks!

I will attach the screen shot. Just comment what you feel.

It's really insane.

And if that "Final decision - help section (?) is pressed I see like this

This is really driving me crazy!

Just see and comment what you guys feel and also share if this is the same case with yours.

Best,

Luder
but in your application the final decision hasn't started yet....when did you receive your AOR?

Luder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Halifax
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 17, 2016
Nomination.....
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
October 15, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A for eAPR
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
25 Sept, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
February 14, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2017
LANDED..........
July 31, 2017
solimane said:
but in your application the final decision hasn't started yet....when did you receive your AOR?
I cannot understand the way you guys say what AOR is.

The way I understand there are two AORs. One is when the Province that wants to nominate sending an email saying the file is received on x date and wants a reply mail acknowledging the given information. I received my provincial AOR mail on 17 August 2016.

The next AOR is when I sent my online application to CIC. In this case I received the AOR message in my CIC account page within minutes after submitting and paying the online fees. That is on 15 October 2016.

Now, when you are asking when I received my AOR, I don't understand whether you are asking about provincial AOR or CIC's AOR (or) there is another AOR I should be receiving that is from Abu Dhabi visa office (ADVO).

Kindly clarify that folks.

Yes Solimane, the final decision hasn't started yet. But 4 weeks before whenever I clicked that help mark, I used to see a section explaining what 'not started' means, what 'closed' means and all that. But since 4 weeks whenever I click that help mark it opens a message and the message reads that 'we have reached a final decision in your case'. That is what I asked if all your pages show the same message or different?

autumn_is_coming

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
Jul 31, 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Luder said:
I cannot understand the way you guys say what AOR is.

The way I understand there are two AORs. One is when the Province that wants to nominate sending an email saying the file is received on x date and wants a reply mail acknowledging the given information. I received my provincial AOR mail on 17 August 2016.

The next AOR is when I sent my online application to CIC. In this case I received the AOR message in my CIC account page within minutes after submitting and paying the online fees. That is on 15 October 2016.

Now, when you are asking when I received my AOR, I don't understand whether you are asking about provincial AOR or CIC's AOR (or) there is another AOR I should be receiving that is from Abu Dhabi visa office (ADVO).

Kindly clarify that folks.

Yes Solimane, the final decision hasn't started yet. But 4 weeks before whenever I clicked that help mark, I used to see a section explaining what 'not started' means, what 'closed' means and all that. But since 4 weeks whenever I click that help mark it opens a message and the message reads that 'we have reached a final decision in your case'. That is what I asked if all your pages show the same message or different?
Hey Luder,

It is indeed unusual.. The only suggestion I have - maybe CIC changed the text in that (?)box as part of website modification.
I would go by the status. It says final decision: "not started", they must be still doing background check.
When I submitted my medicals, medicals field changed quite fast, so I would say they dont have a problem with current status of the case being reflected correctly in your account.

With regards to AOR: have you received any email where your UCI and Application: EP_____ is stated?
That email is considered AOR on federal step.

Now what sounds interesting is that there are people who applied much much earlier and still don't have their security background check started. Are you sure your visa office is ADVO? If so, then I am completely not sure how ADVO processes our applications :)

I wish you luck and soon news!

Luder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Halifax
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 17, 2016
Nomination.....
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
October 15, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A for eAPR
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
25 Sept, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
February 14, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2017
LANDED..........
July 31, 2017
autumn_is_coming said:
Hey Luder,

It is indeed unusual.. The only suggestion I have - maybe CIC changed the text in that (?)box as part of website modification.
I would go by the status. It says final decision: "not started", they must be still doing background check.
When I submitted my medicals, medicals field changed quite fast, so I would say they dont have a problem with current status of the case being reflected correctly in your account.

With regards to AOR: have you received any email where your UCI and Application: EP_____ is stated?
That email is considered AOR on federal step.

Now what sounds interesting is that there are people who applied much much earlier and still don't have their security background check started. Are you sure your visa office is ADVO? If so, then I am completely not sure how ADVO processes our applications :)

I wish you luck and soon news!
Oh thanks buddy,

I believe the same. It's just a website modification.

As for the AOR, at the federal level I didn't receive any email yet. So, I have no UCI or EP number yet.

And I live in Abu Dhabi currently and an Abu Dhabi resident for the past 9 years. But basically from India. Is there any chance that I come under Indian VO. How do I find it? IS there a way?

Well, I wish I hear from them soon as I am planning to move out of UAE asap.

Best,

Luder

autumn_is_coming

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
Jul 31, 2015
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Luder said:
Oh thanks buddy,

I believe the same. It's just a website modification.

As for the AOR, at the federal level I didn't receive any email yet. So, I have no UCI or EP number yet.

And I live in Abu Dhabi currently and an Abu Dhabi resident for the past 9 years. But basically from India. Is there any chance that I come under Indian VO. How do I find it? IS there a way?

Well, I wish I hear from them soon as I am planning to move out of UAE asap.

Best,

Luder
Hey Luder,

CIC forwards application to the visa office based on the address you mentioned in your application.

Aside from that I wouldn't worry. Your background check is started, its a very good sign and it will be finalized soon.

Good luck,