+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR PAPER-BASED - June July August 2018 Applicants >>> Lets Connect here

mani@

Feb 17, 2018
seems he didn't get pr right? whats copr?
Yeah they can reject u at border too if u land somwhere else other than your province of nomination .....so actually we all are slaves of this system right?
We cant live where we want, we cant work where we want if we go back to our home country we are slaves to them.

Is there any place in this world , where no one is the ruler and one can live freely??? I wanna go there

oduvan4ik

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
still, it is weird. PR is federal not provincial. when done, he/she is good to do whatever decided
Why is it weird?
We are now in the thread "Provincial Nomination Program Immigration". We have a nomination from some province.
So it's weird to settle in a province that didn't nominate.
Applicants applied through Express Entry do not have a nomination and can settle anywhere in Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: luisalex

knokkelmann16

Jul 6, 2018
Why is it weird?
We are now in the thread "Provincial Nomination Program Immigration". We have a nomination from some province.
Applicants applied through Express Entry do not have a nomination and can settle anywhere in Canada.
So it's weird to settle in a province that didn't nominate.
you right man, after one has landed, one can choose any province to live in. but not before. I find this weird as I see no difference between copr and pr

Jun 11, 2019
Golden, BC
still, it is weird. PR is federal not provincial. when done, he/she is good to do whatever decided
The act of granting someone permanent residence is a federal prerogative, sure. To get to that point, though, if you have a PNP nomination, requires the consent of the province. That isn't granted lightly and the province has certain expectations of you in return for granting you the privilege of moving there. In other words, yes, he or she is good to do whatever, WHEN DONE. Our dude was not done.

To get slightly deeper into the weeds regarding the legality of it, you can check out the relevant section of the federal-provincial agreement (here's BC as an example) and the federal immigration regulations here. They're pretty simple once you get past the mile-long preambles, but essentially:

- The province is responsible for selecting people to admit to PNP programs;
- Canada, ie the federal government, is responsible for enforcing the applicable regulations. To quote:

There are, like, at least half a dozen provisions in the latter document which I could see an officer making use of to deny someone permission to become a permanent resident - here's one, sect. 51:

51 A foreign national who holds a permanent resident visa and is seeking to become a permanent resident must, at the time of their examination,
(a) inform the officer if(i) the foreign national has become a spouse or common-law partner or has ceased to be a spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner after the visa was issued, or
(ii) material facts relevant to the issuance of the visa have changed since the visa was issued or were not divulged when it was issued; and
(b) establish that they and their family members, whether accompanying or not, meet the requirements of the Act and these Regulations.
So: The province and Canada have agreed that Canada enforces the regulations. The regulations state that if you're a provincial nominee you must intend to reside in the province nominating you. They also state that the dude accepting you as a permanent resident must check that you're still following that rule. Since our bird-brained subject here straight up told the guy at the border that he or she wasn't following the rules they have a duty to tell them to naff off, basically.

luisalex

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-06-2018
AOR Received.
17-08-2018
File Transfer...
28-05-2019
Med's Request
2-05-2019
Does anyone know how do you land in Saskatchewan, directly? Like, would it be okay if you have an onward flight ticket to Saskatchewan from Toronto or Vancouver?

Saw someone's post stating their PR was cancelled because they landed someplace else. Sounds like a silly question but I'd still please like your opinions.

Hi there! My nomination is under SINP.
From my understanding, it’s alright if your port of entry in Canada is Vancouver or Toronto PROVIDED that you have a connecting flight to Saskatchewan. Same day flight would be the best.

Reactions: cartoonnetwork

knokkelmann16

Jul 6, 2018
The act of granting someone permanent residence is a federal prerogative, sure. To get to that point, though, if you have a PNP nomination, requires the consent of the province. That isn't granted lightly and the province has certain expectations of you in return for granting you the privilege of moving there. In other words, yes, he or she is good to do whatever, WHEN DONE. Our dude was not done.

To get slightly deeper into the weeds regarding the legality of it, you can check out the relevant section of the federal-provincial agreement (here's BC as an example) and the federal immigration regulations here. They're pretty simple once you get past the mile-long preambles, but essentially:

- The province is responsible for selecting people to admit to PNP programs;
- Canada, ie the federal government, is responsible for enforcing the applicable regulations. To quote:

There are, like, at least half a dozen provisions in the latter document which I could see an officer making use of to deny someone permission to become a permanent resident - here's one, sect. 51:

So: The province and Canada have agreed that Canada enforces the regulations. The regulations state that if you're a provincial nominee you must intend to reside in the province nominating you. They also state that the dude accepting you as a permanent resident must check that you're still following that rule. Since our bird-brained subject here straight up told the guy at the border that he or she wasn't following the rules they have a duty to tell them to naff off, basically.
well, I am not convinced, to tell you the truth. this word "intend" isn't clear enough. well, he intends to settle (in MB was it) but the question is when...2 minutes after he's landed/arrived in Canada or in 2030? I would say what you wrote is interesting but ambiguous, to say the least. how about this?

to me, he wasn't PR when he spoke to the immi officers, I see no other explanation. what do you think? I am more than eager to know your view.

knokkelmann16

Jul 6, 2018
to the post above, I don't know why when editing this disappeared

2) Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right

a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and
b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.

bamboo1229

Star Member
May 6, 2018
The matter is very simple and straightforward. When you are landing, you are not pr yet, so you have to comply with the nomination regulations, which require you show your intention to reside in a specific province. If you land in a different province, you are challenging the provincial nomination rules. Accordingly, officer has every reason to doubt whether you still meet the nomination requirement. If not, of course they are entitled to have concerns about your eligibility and suspend your pr. It’s easy to understand. I can’t see anything wrong with this process. Why does that trouble you?

Reactions: luisalex

knokkelmann16

Jul 6, 2018
The matter is very simple and straightforward. When you are landing, you are not pr yet, so you have to comply with the nomination regulations, which require you show your intention to reside in a specific province. If you land in a different province, you are challenging the provincial nomination rules. Accordingly, officer has every reason to doubt whether you still meet the nomination requirement. If not, of course they are entitled to have concerns about your eligibility and suspend your pr. It’s easy to understand. I can’t see anything wrong with this process. Why does that trouble you?
yes, you are 100% right. regards

m@nty

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Prince Edward Island
Category........
PNP
Hello i got my medical request on may 9 and i booked my medical date in advance which was 13th may 2019 some how my doctor did not use the same freaking number which was on the form that i got from cic therefore it says we did not received your medical so i called cic last week and the representative told me they have got my medical and it has not been updated so i called them back today and they said we did not received your medical but after checking into their system he found some how it went to our other account so now they will transfer it to the person who is working on my file. 2nd question i asked him was about pre arrival invitation letter so he said i passed my eligibility and they have done half of my BG check and what is remaining would be security check so does that mean it is in ip2? And i hope they dont delay any more bec of my medical went into their different account.

Pnp23

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
Hello i got my medical request on may 9 and i booked my medical date in advance which was 13th may 2019 some how my doctor did not use the same freaking number which was on the form that i got from cic therefore it says we did not received your medical so i called cic last week and the representative told me they have got my medical and it has not been updated so i called them back today and they said we did not received your medical but after checking into their system he found some how it went to our other account so now they will transfer it to the person who is working on my file. 2nd question i asked him was about pre arrival invitation letter so he said i passed my eligibility and they have done half of my BG check and what is remaining would be security check so does that mean it is in ip2? And i hope they dont delay any more bec of my medical went into their different account.
Hi. May I know when did they receive your application? Any dependents? Thanks