15-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2016
LANDED..........
07-05-2016
Hello Everyone,
My brother got his PNP nomination (OINP) in November 9th,2016. He applied for a work permit extension as his work permit was expiring on Dec 31st, 2016, with the OINP nomination + a letter of explanation. He sent out his paper application(cannot apply using EE, specified by the PNP certificate) to Nova Scotia on December 18th, 2016. He is yet to receive his AOR, which is understandable because it takes atleast 3 months(Feb/March, 2017).
However, his work permit application was just rejected, citing

You have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for a bridging open Work Permit because you have not submitted proof that you have sent an application for Permanent Residence as a Principal applicant.

Should he reapply with the Canada post receipt that he indeed sent out his application for Processing, and is still awaiting AOR. He just got a job 2 months ago is really depressed by the whole situation as now he has to stop working. Please any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !

spife

Star Member
May 19, 2015
confused1988 said:
Hello Everyone,
My brother got his PNP nomination (OINP) in November 9th,2016. He applied for a work permit extension as his work permit was expiring on Dec 31st, 2016, with the OINP nomination + a letter of explanation. He sent out his paper application(cannot apply using EE, specified by the PNP certificate) to Nova Scotia on December 18th, 2016. He is yet to receive his AOR, which is understandable because it takes atleast 3 months(Feb/March, 2017).
However, his work permit application was just rejected, citing

You have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for a bridging open Work Permit because you have not submitted proof that you have sent an application for Permanent Residence as a Principal applicant.

Should he reapply with the Canada post receipt that he indeed sent out his application for Processing, and is still awaiting AOR. He just got a job 2 months ago is really depressed by the whole situation as now he has to stop working. Please any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !
It says on CIC website in order to get bridge visa, you need to have a confirmation letter from CIC that indicates you have completed the application and the application is being reviewed. You have to resubmit bridge visa application once AOR is received.

catabao

Apr 7, 2017
Will the CIC approve my Bridging Open work permit when I am in implied status? My work permit expired before I receive my AOR.