AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
Nup! Honestly, I don't know why. Some times, officers want to show up that they have this much power to bother/offend people! apparently, in our case; they were succeeded.
They succeed alright. I feel desperate, hope they are happy. Where are you in BC? Wondering if we have the same MP

Samslk

Star Member
May 31, 2018
I try to go to MP office and cic provide same information as they provide me. Nothing new mostly people who apply in January there Security check in under process and security check have no time limit and they can take one day or months , so ni one can find out but that’s really upset for many people who already wait 19 months or more and still not receive PPR yet .

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
How many January applicant still waiting for PPR?
There's a few of us, but not that many. I am afraid we are stuck. Having considered my options I am planning to apply through EE and see whichever application gets approved first. I will then withdraw the second. Should have done that last year, but oh well.

Reactions: Samslk

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
There's a few of us, but not that many. I am afraid we are stuck. Having considered my options I am planning to apply through EE and see whichever application gets approved first. I will then withdraw the second. Should have done that last year, but oh well.
I think they will just take as much time as they want. I’m in BC, I applied online through express entry and got the BC PNP nomination. I applied May 5,2017 and still haven’t gotten the PR yet. I went to my MP, he checked with them a few times and I got the same response the person above said- security check has no time limit. My post graduate work visa will expire in December, so a few weeks ago I applied for the bridging open work permit. These people don’t realize how people put their lives on hold for this. Plus it’s costing me more money to apply for new visa. While I have a few friends who apply after me and get through already. It’s sad but all I have to do is wait. Good luck to everyone waiting

Reactions: MarsiaMS and Samslk

Samslk

Star Member
May 31, 2018
It’s really unfair for so many people it’s been 20 months and still not receive anything .

Went to MP office they provide same information. My representative can’t do anything . If we call CIC they said Security check in process and have no time limit . It’s been 6 years I am here in Canada and never travel outside Canada .

Really have no idea where to go . I think withdraw file is not good idea at this stage.

I apply bridging work permit twice and I did upfront medical as well but unfortunately get expire after one year , so I did again and pay for it .

Reactions: MarsiaMS

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
It’s really unfair for so many people it’s been 20 months and still not receive anything .

Went to MP office they provide same information. My representative can’t do anything . If we call CIC they said Security check in process and have no time limit . It’s been 6 years I am here in Canada and never travel outside Canada .

Really have no idea where to go . I think withdraw file is not good idea at this stage.

I apply bridging work permit twice and I did upfront medical as well but unfortunately get expire after one year , so I did again and pay for it .
It looks like our situations are similar, I’ve been here for 5 years. It seem as ro be a money making thing. Hang in there, don’t withdraw your application.

Reactions: Samslk

Samslk

Star Member
May 31, 2018
It looks like our situations are similar, I’ve been here for 5 years. It seem as ro be a money making thing. Hang in there, don’t withdraw your application.[/QUOTE
Only option he have to wait and wait for no reason. I don’t believe it took 20 months to process PR application and still it’s not over yet . I am single applicant and still waiting.

I have seen so many people apply after me and they already receive PR .

Shongsu

Aug 17, 2018

Hi Samslk, I did submit my bridging work permit application on May 30, 2018, but still didn't get any update so far. And my current work permit is expiring in Sep.3rd. May I ask you about how long did you wait for your bridging wp get approved after you submitted your application in your case?

Samslk

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Hi Samslk, I did submit my bridging work permit application on May 30, 2018, but still didn't get any update so far. And my current work permit is expiring in Sep.3rd. May I ask you about how long did you wait for your bridging wp get approved after you submitted your application in your case?
I dont remember exact time period but if you apply before your status expires all good you can work even your work permit get expire . You can check online as well.