+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR application December 2014 applicant

Out of the world

Apr 23, 2015
I called CIC several times and they sent an email on March 5 to CIO on my behalf. They got reply that my file has been received and it is under initial review. When it is necessary they will contact with me directly. I also sent an email to CIO on March 25 and explained urgency of situation that my work permit is expiring on May 13 so please issue me an AOR. I got auto reply that we will respond in 35 working days. I dont know what else to do.
I was wondering even if I get XEP# before May 13, will that come under eligibility to apply for BOWP??

akhan13

Apr 11, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Jan...reached CIO
Doc's Request.
25 Sept 2015
Nomination.....
last week of july 2014
AOR Received.
(XEP)15 April 2015; UCI & EP : 7 May 15
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
12 May 2015
Med's Done....
25 May 2015 (Submitted to cic on 2 june 2015)..Ecas status: Medical Received: 10 June 2015
Interview........
n/A
Passport Req..
14 jan 16
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued for 6 months.. got passport back on 28 Jan-2016
LANDED..........
I landed at Regway border on 29 Jan 2016(11:00p.m)
Out of the world said:
I called CIC several times and they sent an email on March 5 to CIO on my behalf. They got reply that my file has been received and it is under initial review. When it is necessary they will contact with me directly. I also sent an email to CIO on March 25 and explained urgency of situation that my work permit is expiring on May 13 so please issue me an AOR. I got auto reply that we will respond in 35 working days. I dont know what else to do.
I was wondering even if I get XEP# before May 13, will that come under eligibility to apply for BOWP??
This was my story as well,,,,but now refused wp
bcz we can apply for bwp only...when we still hv 4 months in our current wp..
you ll b getting close wp, but apply if your pnp is still valid, otherwise you ll be my situation

prasprime

Dec 16, 2013
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Before calling CIC, Check your mail properly? Spam folder also.
Did you paid the money by online or writing your credit information on paper?
IF you written your credit card information, check you credit card for CIC payment.
Thank you. All the best. ;D

Out of the world said:
XEP file# Not Received.

Out of the world

Apr 23, 2015
@Akkhan13
Sorry to hear about your WP. My pnp certificate is valid till Dec 15 2015. As per cic website 4 months condition is minimum, not the maximum which means if you have file# you can apply anytime(even in last month) within last 4 months for bowp before the current wp expires. If one is applying before getting file#, it will be rejected.
Honestly I just want to avoid closed work permit. Otherwise I can get closed one which is not preferred. Just waiting for AOR and file# to start making wp application. They are taking forever..

@prasprime
I check my mail box, email both inbox and spam folders even ECas just in case everyday but received no response from cio. I provided cc information in fee payment form and authorized cic to take payment. My cc was charged on April 21 and it shows in statement as
"Citizenship and Immi FSW Sydney".

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
How many of the December applicants who got an XEP sometime around April 15th have since received their EP number? I'm still waiting for mine, and it looks like the November thread has a lot of people getting theirs but all of us with December applications haven't been done yet.

Out of the world

Apr 23, 2015
Updating my case details. I called CIC and got XEP number over phone. Agent was pretty cooperative and she sent an email to cio to send me an acknowledgment since it is more than 14 weeks. She said this number indicates that your file has been received. Once CIO do positive eligibility assessment then you will get actual file#.

akhan13

Apr 11, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Jan...reached CIO
Doc's Request.
25 Sept 2015
Nomination.....
last week of july 2014
AOR Received.
(XEP)15 April 2015; UCI & EP : 7 May 15
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
12 May 2015
Med's Done....
25 May 2015 (Submitted to cic on 2 june 2015)..Ecas status: Medical Received: 10 June 2015
Interview........
n/A
Passport Req..
14 jan 16
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued for 6 months.. got passport back on 28 Jan-2016
LANDED..........
I landed at Regway border on 29 Jan 2016(11:00p.m)
Out of the world said:
Updating my case details. I called CIC and got XEP number over phone. Agent was pretty cooperative and she sent an email to cio to send me an acknowledgment since it is more than 14 weeks. She said this number indicates that your file has been received. Once CIO do positive eligibility assessment then you will get actual file#.
Good for you!!!buddy

Congrats..

Michelle888

Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
24-08-2015 IP status on 26-08-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
Med's Request
01-05-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015 Medicals Received on 12-06-2015 RPRF paid on 22-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
Hi i just received the exact same email as on April 15 with the XEP number. Is anyone else in the same situation? Why did they send me this email twice? I still cannot log in online...

n.zaman

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Michelle888 said:
Hi i just received the exact same email as on April 15 with the XEP number. Is anyone else in the same situation? Why did they send me this email twice? I still cannot log in online...
Just now I also received the EXACT same email as of 15th april 2015 with the same XEP file#. I am also confused why did they sent the same email twice. Only the SUBJECT of the email is different. It says "Application for Permanent Residence in Canada - Acknowledgement of Receipt"

prentiss18

Star Member
Feb 27, 2015
Out of the world said:
@ Akkhan13
Sorry to hear about your WP. My pnp certificate is valid till Dec 15 2015. As per cic website 4 months condition is minimum, not the maximum which means if you have file# you can apply anytime(even in last month) within last 4 months for bowp before the current wp expires. If one is applying before getting file#, it will be rejected.
Honestly I just want to avoid closed work permit. Otherwise I can get closed one which is not preferred. Just waiting for AOR and file# to start making wp application. They are taking forever..

@ prasprime
I check my mail box, email both inbox and spam folders even ECas just in case everyday but received no response from cio. I provided cc information in fee payment form and authorized cic to take payment. My cc was charged on April 21 and it shows in statement as

"Citizenship and Immi FSW Sydney".
hi guys!. @ akkhan... why did they refused your BOWP?..i saw in some thread that they are approving those BOWP.. even if they didnt attached their AOR.. coz they get it after a month..coz by the time cic check the BOWP application... they have AOR in the system already. i submitted my BOWP last march 15 but i just receive my AOR april 13.. i am also worried that they will refused me. my wp expire last 18..

jasmann3282

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
n.zaman said:
Just now I also received the EXACT same email as of 15th april 2015 with the same XEP file#. I am also confused why did they sent the same email twice. Only the SUBJECT of the email is different. It says "Application for Permanent Residence in Canada - Acknowledgement of Receipt"
i think this one is your actual AOR, does file number start with EP or still XEP ??

n.zaman

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Michelle888 said:
MICHELLE888 can you please let us know what SUBJECT you had in today's email? Is it the same?