+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP (OINP......) Masters Graduate Stream Program / PHD (No Job Offer Required)

abbasm5

Feb 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions related to the OINP for PhD graduates application form 0196E. The questions and concerns are listed below:

3. For applicants currently in Canada (a copy of your Work Permit, Study Permit, Temporary Resident Visa, and/or any other Canadian immigration document or entry stamp must be provided with your application package) Status: Temporary foreign worker - Student - visitor

Currently, I have a post graduate work permit. Shall I choose temporary foreign worker? Kindly advise.

I started my PhD in Sep 2012 and finished in Oct 2016, went to my country for vacation in June 2013 and May 2015. I changed my status to worker (post graduate working permit) after I finished my PhD. I also went to the US a few times. Shall I include all these dates? Kindly advise.

9. State the amount of funds in Canadian dollars that are available to you now to cover day to day expenses for you and your immediate family members (if applicable) for the next 12 months (please consult the Application Guide for International Graduates [PhD and Masters] on fund requirements).

It is mentioned in the application guidelines that funds for PhD is not required. Shall I write N/A or give them the amount in my account? Kindly advise.

10. List all revenues that you are expecting to receive within the next 12 months. Use a separate sheet if necessary (please consult the Application Guide for International Graduates [PhD and Masters] for more details).

It is mentioned in the application guidelines that funds for PhD is not required. Shall I write N/A or give them the amount in my account? Kindly advise.
________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks in advance

LNAdrien06

Mar 4, 2016
3. yes
6. yes, this days must be indicated since they counting number of days spent in Ontario
9,11 not sure, I did master

vickynain007

Oct 31, 2015
Hi there, I am going to apply for pnp masters stream in may, i just want to ask do i need to have my bachelor degree evaluated from wes or other agency?

Thanks

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
vickynain007 said:
Hi there, I am going to apply for pnp masters stream in may, i just want to ask do i need to have my bachelor degree evaluated from wes or other agency?

Thanks
No, you don't have to if you get Master from Canada

nganhk1

Apr 6, 2017
Hello All,

Thank you for your time. I would appreciate any opinions that you give me based on my situation. I'm very worried of what I should do.

When I applied for a position at KPMG (Big 4 Accounting Firm), my employer asked if I needed any sponsorship from them. Having lived in US for a long time, sponsorship means to me in a sense that employers will have to do legal work for me and also pay for anything that entails in my H1B visa. In good faith, I said No.

I will have an open work permit of 12 months after graduating from a Masters degree in Ontario. After doing some research, I realize that BC PNP does have a stream for Masters degree student to apply, however, there must be employers' support (no legal fees, only some employer paperwork and job verification). My employer doesn't even need to do LMIA.

Today, I talked to my lawyer and he said most of the time, especially accounting firms are not willing to support as they are hesitant to disclose their business. I don't think I have an understanding of how much an impact it would be for them to fill out some paperwork with no fees involve.

My question is: Can I still apply for this stream? How can I prove my intention to stay in Ontario if I work in BC? It was extremely difficult for me to find this job. Has anyone been in the same situation? Can you please give me a word of advice?

Thank you so much.

Joseph.W

May 20, 2016
Unfortunately, if you work in BC, you can not apply OINP.
Another option would be work in BC for 12 months, which is equivalent to one year, and then apply under Express Extry or you can take a look at BCPNP International grad stream.

Aug 26, 2017
Hello Every one,
I'm doing a Master at the university of Ottawa and wanna know if i can apply for the OINP Master stream. I didn't finish my studies yet and have completed just 1 session full time, the question is if i complete 1 year full time study (2 sessions) can i apply for the OINP Master stream? If yes after receiving the nomination certificate may i apply to the CIC for PR or should i wait until finishing the Master? another question is what are the total fees from OINP to the PR? Please i really need someone to guide.
Hey the OINP Master stream application is closed now i think because when i tried to select it found it grey (unclickable).

All Best Regards

Aug 26, 2017
Hello Every one,
I'm doing a Master at the university of Ottawa and wanna know if i can apply for the OINP Master stream. I didn't finish my studies yet and have completed just 1 session full time, the question is if i complete 1 year full time study (2 sessions) can i apply for the OINP Master stream? If yes after receiving the nomination certificate may i apply to the CIC for PR or should i wait until finishing the Master? another question is what are the total fees from OINP to the PR? Please i really need someone to guide.
Hey the OINP Master stream application is closed now i think because when i tried to select it found it grey (unclickable).

All Best Regards

DPT

Sep 29, 2017
Hey guys,
Good luck to everyone waiting.
I am about to graduate from York University and I am currently looking for a job.
I will be applying for ONIP Masters Stream as soon as it opens next year.
I should receive my 1 year PGWP soon.
I do not have any foreign work experience and I know that is not a requirement for the ONIP Masters Stream.

My question may be extremely stupid but I am very confused.
Once I get my nomination, will it matter that I don't have foreign work experience when i'm applying for my PR????

Am I able to get a PR if I get my nomination but I don't have any foreign work experience and I have less than a year work experience in Canada?
How would I go about that?

Any help will be greatly appreciated because I am worried :( Please help

PNPapplicant89

Oct 3, 2017
I have applied for PNP on march 2015. my pr application has gone under background check since august 2016 and i have not heard from cic ever since. is there any way to know how long this background check will take? or what the current status of my background check is. i am freaking out since my work permit has expired and i had to apply for restoration of my status.

Here is a link to a petition which may help speeding up the processing of PR applications under PNP category.
https://www.change.org/p/significant-delay-in-processing-of-pr-applications-for-inland-provincial-nominees?recruiter=719950556&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=share_email_responsive

Asif Liakat

Jun 14, 2017
Hii Brothers and sisters

I need some clarifications.
I applied for the PR through OINP MASTERS GRADUATE STREAM . Do I need to keep all the funds I showed to get the OINP during the process of my PR application??
Thanks in advance

Asif Liakat

Jun 14, 2017
Hey guys, ;D

I applied through Ontario Provincial Nominee Program in Master's Stream without a Job offer Stream on September 23rd, 2015. My application was returned in January 5th, 2016 due to a missing page of my passport photocopy. I reapplied on January 17th, 2016 and I have been recently asked to provide additional documents.

As you may know, I had to show a proof of financial support at the application time. I borrowed some funds from my friends here in Canada in order to raise my bank account funds to the requirement. As I reapplied, I had to do the same thing more than once.

This is what I am asked for:

"Supporting documents (e.g., remittance form, letter of support, overseas bank statements of parent(s)) for your settlement funds in Ontario for large deposits in your TD account ***4033 on August 31, 2015, September 9, 2015, September 14, 2015, and January 18, 2016"

I am employed in Ontario but not in my own field. I am so confused what to tell him about those large deposits. I was wondering if you have any suggestions for that. My father has sent me a Sponsorship letter alongside his bank account statement. I have also obtained my bank statement (again with borrowed money from my friends).

Is there anyone who can help me? ???
Hi brother could you please tell me what happened after that

legro

Star Member
May 18, 2015
App. Filed.......
09-06-2015
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront, 21-07-2015
LANDED..........
06-09-2015
Hi, I do not.know if you still need answers to this question. If you do, the answer is no: you cannot apply for Ontario nomination if yoi are still studying. You must have completed your studies.
Hello Every one,

All Best Regards

Estherlx

Oct 15, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have some questions related to OINP-Master Stream:

1. I cannot get a birth of certificate from my hometown in time. Can I use household registration and notarial certificate of kinship to replace birth of certificate?

2. In the intention letter to reside in Ontario, I want to show I have strong social connections in Ontario.
Do I need to include my friends' contact information in the letter? Will CIC call them to check my information? What detail information should I remind my friends?

Hope those who ever got the calls from CIC officers can reply me, Many thanks!