+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP (OINP......) Masters Graduate Stream Program / PHD (No Job Offer Required)

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
Hey guys, I've just dropped my OINP application package to 400 University Ave. But it seems to me overly easy though as I just drop the envelop to their dropbox. :-(

Genesis76

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
London (Ontario)
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Nomination.....
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
IELTS Request
No need
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
09-03-2018
imarchuang said:
Hey guys, I've just dropped my OINP application package to 400 University Ave. But it seems to me overly easy though as I just drop the envelop to their dropbox. :-(
Hello imarchuang, don't worry. On the website they claim they are collecting the applications from the dropbox as well. I just sent them with Xpresspost and arrived yesterday. We have to hope for the best ;)

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
Genesis76 said:
Hello imarchuang, don't worry. On the website they claim they are collecting the applications from the dropbox as well. I just sent them with Xpresspost and arrived yesterday. We have to hope for the best ;)
@Genesis76, thanks dude :) let's keep us updated in terms of the status

luckychamp

Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
Nomination.....
14-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2107
LANDED..........
27-01-2017
Good Luck to both of you (Y)

aircanada

May 27, 2014
I dropped off my application at 400 Uni Ave 4 and a half months ago, still nothing. And once the nomination arrives, it is not good for Express Entry, so you have to do paper application, which takes 15-18 months. The whole process will take a solid 2 years...

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
aircanada said:
I dropped off my application at 400 Uni Ave 4 and a half months ago, still nothing. And once the nomination arrives, it is not good for Express Entry, so you have to do paper application, which takes 15-18 months. The whole process will take a solid 2 years...
I think 2 years is way too conservative as the CIC processing is expedited since we would get the PNP nomination... Just personal opinion, no solid data or policy backing this up

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
aircanada said:
Btw, have u received your AOR?

aircanada

May 27, 2014
imarchuang said:
aircanada said:
I think 2 years is way too conservative as the CIC processing is expedited since we would get the PNP nomination... Just personal opinion, no solid data or policy backing this up
There is no expedition. Where did you read that? The current timeline on CIC's website is 15 months after you receive AOR from them. Here's how I come with 2 years:
5 months - Nomination from OINP
4 months - (Assuming you apply immediately) The time period for CIC to intake your application and send AOR
15 months - Processing time as per CIC website
=2 years.

You can see it's not conservative at all.

imarchuang said:
Btw, have u received your AOR?
Nope. I emailed them to see if they have received my application. I got the "your application is in line for a review" email, which isn't exactly AOR.

Reactions: dreamy2536

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
aircanada said:

There is no expedition. Where did you read that? The current timeline on CIC's website is 15 months after you receive AOR from them. Here's how I come with 2 years:
5 months - Nomination from OINP
4 months - (Assuming you apply immediately) The time period for CIC to intake your application and send AOR
15 months - Processing time as per CIC website
=2 years.

You can see it's not conservative at all.

Nope. I emailed them to see if they have received my application. I got the "your application is in line for a review" email, which isn't exactly AOR.
I think the expedition statement will be shown in your nomination letter. So wait until you get an actual nomination :)
@Luckychamp: Correct me if I am wrong :)

Genesis76

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
London (Ontario)
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Nomination.....
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
IELTS Request
No need
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
09-03-2018
Mmm interesting discussion. The Province of Ontario should take 90 calendar days (according on what they write on their website). I heard people waiting about 4 months before getting the nomination. I would suggest aircanada to call them maybe this can speed up the process.

Also the 15 months from CIC I guess it's an extreme upper case. Most of my friends got in 8-12 months after applying to CIC. So totally I hope it should not exceed 1,5 year.

aircanada

May 27, 2014
imarchuang said:
I think the expedition statement will be shown in your nomination letter. So wait until you get an actual nomination :)
I have seen the nomination and it does not mention any sort of expedition. You'd just be subjected to paper based application timeline.

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
aircanada said:
I have seen the nomination and it does not mention any sort of expedition. You'd just be subjected to paper based application timeline.
Hmm, interesting. Let me see if I can get someone to help on this topic... IMO, 2 years is too long, we might need to switch to CEC after working for a year :)

aircanada

May 27, 2014
imarchuang said:
Hmm, interesting. Let me see if I can get someone to help on this topic... IMO, 2 years is too long, we might need to switch to CEC after working for a year :)
Yeah, that's what I am thinking. International graduates were left out of Express Entry and this stream became an afterthought, which I believe accounts for insanely long timelines.

luckychamp

Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
14-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2107
LANDED..........
27-01-2017
imarchuang said:
I think it would take all together 15 months to get your PR inclusive of your OINP time...

Like in my case....I applied ONIP in April 13 got AOR May 13

then nomination in August because I got married last july so update my marital status and new home address....which is in four months not bad however usually they claimed to do the process in 90 calendar days...

Well then applied to CIC paper based application directly as written in my nomination with police clearance and everything to save time....and no EE which was additional step where they pick up your case again from the pool out of all nominations...

Got my AOR in Dec just in 3 months .....regular time farm is 4 months

now waiting for my MR with my spouse who is in back home......as I have seen other cases people usually get in between 4 to 6 months

its been 3 months so it will come anytime....

and then 2 to 3 months after you will be done from medical

luckychamp

Dec 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
14-08-2015
AOR Received.
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
08-07-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2107
LANDED..........
27-01-2017
aircanada said:
Yeah, that's what I am thinking. International graduates were left out of Express Entry and this stream became an afterthought, which I believe accounts for insanely long timelines.
sorry but in my nomination it is clearly mention quote un quote

[size=10pt]"Because you have been nominated for permanent residence by the Province of Ontario, you will benefit from CIC's expedited processing steam. Please note that this nomination is not valid for CIC's Express Entry Program."[/size]