AOR Received.
24-01-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
faith1 said:
Hi my ecas says:
Application received on January 20,2012.
Started processing from July 17,2012.
Medical has been received.

I did my medicals on March 7,2012.NO PPR yet.
Ottawa office was supposed to decrease the processing time but in our case it is opposite.
Some of my friends who applied 1 month earlier than me already got their PR.

:( :( :(
We have similar timeline, except my ecas doesnt show "in process" yet. Did your friend send her application to Buffalo office or Canada?

jonmonc

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
Moncton
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-11-2011
Nomination.....
17-01-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
Med's Request
29-02-2012
Med's Done....
15-03-2012
Passport Req..
15-11-2012
prasamp said:
i kinda of stopped tracking my status :)
I am sure nothing gonna happen for 2-3 months... Even if the transition of Buffalo is done...priority will be for 2011 applicants.. so PPR for them will be their priority....
for 2012 applicants we will have our background going on..even if its completed and the file is ready to be reviewed for decisions...they might delay it in order to avoid PPR overflowing..

As we know Ottawa will not stamp our Passport we might have to send them to detroit, LA, etc.. so they will do it by batches to avoid overwork in issuing PPR. I would wait until October which is near to 10months period to really worry about PPR mail.. for now...lets keep praying until then..

hth
prasamp

I would completely agree with Prasamp.
This is just my guess/gut feeling talking.

1. For all those you had the application received at Sydney in January, the time difference for each application going into 'in process' is going up almost exponentially. That is a week’s difference in January is simply translating to a month or two in July. This tells me that Ottawa which was started as a pilot has completely misjudged the traffic and the durations are only going to increase in the future.

2. Usually at Ottawa an applicant's status changes from app received to in process only when the security check begins. Security check in Canada takes only a couple of weeks. Unlike NDVO, the Medical request is sent in early and by the time yur application reaches in process you have already passed yur medical. I think the background check is the one that takes the longest time. I have no idea how and who does this. It might be outsourced to other companies and perhaps that’s why the time.

3. The closing down of Buffalo doesn’t have anything to do with the timelines that we are seeing for applicants in Application Received or those that have just moved into In Process. The transfer to the Visa office is only done when the PPR is sent out. I know this because I received a mail from Ottawa when my file went into in process asking me for additional finger printing etc.

In my case, I am not expecting any communication from there end before October. The wait has been extremely frustrating for me but just thinking about this makes me even more frustrating. I have had to turn down good job offers as I am on an employee dependent work visa

JonMonc

panamio2000

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
@Jonmong
Meet us at "What is happening to H1B visa holders" forum, you might get some comfort in what you read there. You are not alone Jonmong

faith1

Jul 5, 2012
QBCool said:
Hi,

No updates whatsoever from CPP Ottawa. The process just seems to have come to a complete halt. The e-cas for me just says "Application Recd." Extremely frustrating!!!. My application was received by the CPP in Jan, anyone who applied during that time frame moved to "In Process", please update?

Thanks,
QB

Hi i have same timeline as urs..my application was received on jan 20,2012.medicals received on 20th feb,2012.medicals done march 7th,2012.ecas changed to in process on 17th july,2012...So ur ecas will change preety soon to "in process"..do u hv any idea how long it will take to get ppr after ecas changed to in process??

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
Hello, I thing nobody really knows ...
I applied january 12, 2012, In process since May.. So,... :( :( :( :(
faith1 said:

Hi i have same timeline as urs..my application was received on jan 20,2012.medicals received on 20th feb,2012.medicals done march 7th,2012.ecas changed to in process on 17th july,2012...So ur ecas will change preety soon to "in process"..do u hv any idea how long it will take to get ppr after ecas changed to in process??

faith1

Jul 5, 2012
yanesrahn said:
Hello, I thing nobody really knows ...
I applied january 12, 2012, In process since May.. So,... :( :( :( :(
On which date was ur ecas changed to in process..i mean end of may or ???

samlogani

Jan 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faith1 said:
Hi my ecas says:
Application received on January 20,2012.
Started processing from July 17,2012.
Medical has been received.

I did my medicals on March 7,2012.NO PPR yet.
Ottawa office was supposed to decrease the processing time but in our case it is opposite.
Some of my friends who applied 1 month earlier than me already got their PR.

:( :( :(
I did my medicals on 1st of May, no update / PPR yet. CPP-O is too slow now

Detroit office is super fast, some people who did their medicals in may / june got their PR already, I believe they are sending PPRs randomly.

Lets hope we all get PPR soon

faith1

Jul 5, 2012
samlogani said:
I did my medicals on 1st of May, no update / PPR yet. CPP-O is too slow now

Detroit office is super fast, some people who did their medicals in may / june got their PR already, I believe they are sending PPRs randomly.

Lets hope we all get PPR soon
Ya u are right...btw r u inside or outside canada?? I am inside canada..and i did my medicals on march 7th..wait is killing me..lets hope n pray we get our ppr soon..please keep updated as we hv same timeline..

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
ecase changed in May 14, I n my status say that they started processing my application on May 10.
So, I am crazy waiting.... :( :( :( :(
faith1 said:
On which date was ur ecas changed to in process..i mean end of may or ???

samlogani

Jan 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faith1 said:
Ya u are right...btw r u inside or outside canada?? I am inside canada..and i did my medicals on march 7th..wait is killing me..lets hope n pray we get our ppr soon..please keep updated as we hv same timeline..
I am in Canada, wait is killing me too.

I got my MR by E-mail. not sure how you got your MR?

To solve this issue, I went ahead and applied for a TRV, planning to go on a vacation this September for few weeks,lol..

I hope traveling / planning to travel will help me take my mind off from PR issue.

Good luck everyone.

AMZA

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/01/2012
Nomination.....
17/11/2011
AOR Received.
16/03/2012
Med's Request
16/03/2012
Med's Done....
26/03/2012
faith1 said:

I don't understand what is the logic behind the IN PROCESS Status. Look at my case and Faith1. Our application was received in the exact SAME DAY, january 20, 2012. However, not only I received my medical request almost a month later, March 16th, my ECAS status never changes to IN Process, Still on Application Received.

According to the Tracksheet, the only people who have in process Status from Ottawa (Aonedoc, Yanesrahn, Fafool, JonMonc, Superhero) range applications received from 23 December to January 19. Faith1 is from January 20 like me but is not on the tracksheet.

It makes even less sense if you look into Ayinka's case who applied in FEBRUARY and already has In process status.

So obviously the chronological order of the application received has nothing to do with getting in process status. Most applicants from January are stucked. Is even more frustrating when you see your GCMS notes and realized your file wasn't even touched in 3 months.

I completely agree with JonMonc about not waiting for anything in the next couple of months. I have even stopped checking ECAS, and will only do so when I see other January mates getting their status updated. Also, is more likely that the Buffallo orphans will get priority with Ottawa over the original 2012 people. The irony of it all is that most of us were "lucky" to be selected to be a part of the Pilot Project, most of us got our MR's and AOR with amazing speed and now god know what's is going to happen with this painful and endless process.

Good luck to us all

cvd222

Nov 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Request
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 28, 2012
Passport Req..
April 11, 2013
AMZA said:
I don't understand what is the logic behind the IN PROCESS Status. Look at my case and Faith1. Our application was received in the exact SAME DAY, january 20, 2012. However, not only I received my medical request almost a month later, March 16th, my ECAS status never changes to IN Process, Still on Application Received.

According to the Tracksheet, the only people who have in process Status from Ottawa (Aonedoc, Yanesrahn, Fafool, JonMonc, Superhero) range applications received from 23 December to January 19. Faith1 is from January 20 like me but is not on the tracksheet.

It makes even less sense if you look into Ayinka's case who applied in FEBRUARY and already has In process status.

So obviously the chronological order of the application received has nothing to do with getting in process status. Most applicants from January are stucked. Is even more frustrating when you see your GCMS notes and realized your file wasn't even touched in 3 months.

I completely agree with JonMonc about not waiting for anything in the next couple of months. I have even stopped checking ECAS, and will only do so when I see other January mates getting their status updated. Also, is more likely that the Buffallo orphans will get priority with Ottawa over the original 2012 people. The irony of it all is that most of us were "lucky" to be selected to be a part of the Pilot Project, most of us got our MR's and AOR with amazing speed and now god know what's is going to happen with this painful and endless process.

Good luck to us all
cvd222 likes this.

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
AMZA said:

Good luck to us all
ECAS did not fully reflect and mirror the actual what is going on in your case. My ECAS never shows medical received as most folks. And that scared me a lot because I am afraid the medical exam package got lost somewhere in the Ottawa office. But per my GCMS received two days ago, it shows clearly my medical status was received and passed. So, do not give much attention on ECAS. Checking is every day or multiple times a day just wastes your time.

Some folks think GCMS may negatively affect the processing. But it is your legal right to request this service and this right is protected by law. In addition, in the current situation that communication with Ottawa is virtually impossible either by phone or email, GCMS presents only one channel for us to get to know what is going about our cases.

manubobby

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2011
Kerala, India
Category........
Visa Office......
[b]New Delhi[/b]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]09/12/2013[/b]
AOR Received.
[b]04/01/2014[/b]
File Transfer...
[b]10/01/2014[/b]
Med's Done....
[b]15/11/2013[/b]
Interview........
[b]IN PROCESS: 31/07/2014 DM: 11/08/2014[b]
Passport Req..
[b]24/01/2014[/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b]07/08/2014[b]
LANDED..........
[b]19/09/2014[b]
canman said:
Received Passports with VISA yesterday! :) 8)
Thank you to this forum and people who have been around to help each other out with documents, queries and concerns. I am really greatful to you all for being our backbone during hard waiting times, as we all passed successfully thru each step of the visa process. Special mention and thanks to ManuBobby for starting this thread and the Team who handled our Superb Track Sheet!

Glod Bless all! Hope you all get your Visa ASAP!

;D :D :) 8) :D
congrats buddy .. really happy for you .. :) good luck and have a great life in Canada.. and thanks and Im glad I could help out you guys .. hoping for the best soon.. :) do join the facebook group if you are not already on there.. and continue sharing your experiences after reaching canada.. have a good one buddy .. cheers .. :)

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations canman! - may you be blessed the continuation of your life journey in a new setting - Canada!
What good news!
canman said:
Received Passports with VISA yesterday! :) 8)
Thank you to this forum and people who have been around to help each other out with documents, queries and concerns. I am really greatful to you all for being our backbone during hard waiting times, as we all passed successfully thru each step of the visa process. Special mention and thanks to ManuBobby for starting this thread and the Team who handled our Superb Track Sheet!

Glod Bless all! Hope you all get your Visa ASAP!

;D :D :) 8) :D