+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP entry but do not want to move

shoaibhyd14

Jan 24, 2023
Hi,

I just wanted to check this through.
Assuming i got the PNP visa and i made the first visit and collected my PR for me and my wife and 2 kids.
Im currently working in middle-east and don't want to leave my job here. so is it possible that, my wife and kids stay in canada for 3 years and apply for passport while stay in middle east ? I dont need the citizenship. is it possible to do this ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

Assuming i got the PNP visa and i made the first visit and collected my PR for me and my wife and 2 kids.
Im currently working in middle-east and don't want to leave my job here. so is it possible that, my wife and kids stay in canada for 3 years and apply for passport while stay in middle east ? I dont need the citizenship. is it possible to do this ?
What PNP program have you been nominated to? Your wife and kids were included as accompanying or non accompanying? Guess you could do that.

shoaibhyd14

Jan 24, 2023
Hi,
Its a hypothetical question , any province. As per the rules, the main applicant has to stay atleast 3 years in the province he has been nominated . but i dont want to move now as the salary is good . but i want to move my family (wife and 2 kids) so they stay there and get the citizenship.
But will it cause any problem when they apply for citizenship , as me being the primary application candidate didnot complete my 3 years out of 5 years?? i may move in future though.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
Its a hypothetical question , any province. As per the rules, the main applicant has to stay atleast 3 years in the province he has been nominated . but i dont want to move now as the salary is good . but i want to move my family (wife and 2 kids) so they stay there and get the citizenship.
But will it cause any problem when they apply for citizenship , as me being the primary application candidate didnot complete my 3 years out of 5 years?? i may move in future though.
Ok. Where did you read that applicant has to stay 3 years in the province? That is not true. You are asking a hypothetical question but most PNPs require a job offer so that is why I asked what province are you eligible for. Assume you have completed ECA and IELTS. If you have a job offer, you are expected to move to the province and start the job or PR can be revoked. If your spouse and kids are in Canada as PRs and don’t leave, they can apply for citizenship. Nothing to do with you.

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
Hi,

There is no legal Issues since your primary residence is in that province you already fulfilled the obligation of migrating to that province.

There is no rule about primary applicant should stay in Canada if your family stays in Canada that is totally fine.

shoaibhyd14

Jan 24, 2023
Hi ,thank you for your replies.
I do apologize if my lack of knowledge is creating confusion. so let me explain clearly.

Under express entry ,I have met the eligibility criteria with 67 points.
i may possibly get around 437 CSR score without job offer (50 points). And i understand there are two categories under this; (FSW)skill and province.
So this province is the one im talking about.
so, coming back to original question, if i move back, will it effect my family getting the citizenship, even if my pr gets revoked?

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
Its a gray area. As mentioned above getting PNP without Job offer is hard. You dont want to be in such a situation where your PR gets revoked or lapses. Getting PR is not easy and in the future you may have issues in getting it again or the citizenship.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi ,thank you for your replies.
I do apologize if my lack of knowledge is creating confusion. so let me explain clearly.

Under express entry ,I have met the eligibility criteria with 67 points.
i may possibly get around 437 CSR score without job offer (50 points). And i understand there are two categories under this; (FSW)skill and province.
So this province is the one im talking about.
so, coming back to original question, if i move back, will it effect my family getting the citizenship, even if my pr gets revoked?
What is “this province?” So you will not get invited with 437 but what province are you even eligible for with that score? Canada has 10 provinces so which PNP program are you eligible for based on your score and NOC since you don’t have a job offer. You need to figure out which province you may get PR in first without a job offer and low CRS score.