+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PMM and Seniors help needed. Got passport request

heart_of_skies

Star Member
Sep 30, 2006
Finally got the reply from CIC. They said "We will return your passports to whatever address is provided on your self addressed envelope."

Half of the problem is solved. Just confirmed from Pakistan that we can't send the passports outside from country. We need approval type of thing from Canadian embassy Islamabad or from consulate.

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
I am glad that there seems to be some solution. I live in Dubai, I had one staff in our company requesting passport for driving license. The next thing I know, he went to morocco, from there to france, got married and send us a mail thanking one and all :)

So find a solution, see if your company will agree to it, otherwise worst case scenario, go back home and send your passport and tell the guys who are holding your passports to go where the sun doesnt shine :)

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
mirza897 said:
I am glad that there seems to be some solution. I live in Dubai, I had one staff in our company requesting passport for driving license. The next thing I know, he went to morocco, from there to france, got married and send us a mail thanking one and all :)

So find a solution, see if your company will agree to it, otherwise worst case scenario, go back home and send your passport and tell the guys who are holding your passports to go where the sun doesnt shine :)
I'm just curious. Does your place of work hold your passport in Dubai? Do you have to request it from them in order to travel?

heart_of_skies

Star Member
Sep 30, 2006
I am not sure about other Middle East countries but in Saudi Arabia, passport of every person kept by his sponsor (person or company) and they have to ask permission from him or to give him a solid reason to get it for some valid reason. We can't leave our job and can't do any other job. But still as I said in my previous post that still Saudi Arabia is good place for Muslims.

Good news is my company now agree to give me passport but on some conditions, one of them is I'll take permanent exit from here and most importantly I'll not get my end of service benefits which are more then 9300 $. There was no option for me so I've accepted the offer and tomorrow I'll get my passport finally. Thank God.

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
heart_of_skies said:
I am not sure about other Middle East countries but in Saudi Arabia, passport of every person kept by his sponsor (person or company) and they have to ask permission from him or to give him a solid reason to get it for some valid reason. We can't leave our job and can't do any other job. But still as I said in my previous post that still Saudi Arabia is good place for Muslims.

Good news is my company now agree to give me passport but on some conditions, one of them is I'll take permanent exit from here and most importantly I'll not get my end of service benefits which are more then 9300 $. There was no option for me so I've accepted the offer and tomorrow I'll get my passport finally. Thank God.

WOW! This is news to me that the employer can hold your passport. The fact that you are ready to loose a lot of money ( more than $ 9300) speaks a lot about your desire to immigrate to Canada.

Good luck with your future endeavors.

canadadreamer

Apr 25, 2010

Good news is my company now agree to give me passport but on some conditions, one of them is I'll take permanent exit from here and most importantly I'll not get my end of service benefits which are more then 9300 $. There was no option for me so I've accepted the offer and tomorrow I'll get my passport finally. Thank God
[tr][td]

Dear Hear of Skies,

Do you think forefeiting your service benefits ($9,300) is a good news? Don't be silly. I am sure you will regret it. You haven't done any crime, they cannot withhold your passport forever.

heart_of_skies

Star Member
Sep 30, 2006
Brother, its Saudi Arabia and here whatever they want to do they can. No one can stop them. If you file anything against a Saudi person you will not get result in your favor. That's why 9300 $ is not a big deal in this scenario.

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
heart_of_skies said:
Brother, its Saudi Arabia and here whatever they want to do they can. No one can stop them. If you file anything against a Saudi person you will not get result in your favor. That's why 9300 $ is not a big deal in this scenario.
Agree with heart of the skies here. You cannot expect things to work fairly in an autocratic system. I'm glad you are getting a chance to live in Canada and enjoy freedom in the truest sense!!

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Heart_of_skies you are the man 8). Some sacrifice are worth doing especially if it involves freedom from prison doors and chains. I salute you for your courage to abandon $9300 for a bright future. ;D