+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Plz help me with correct and legal advise..I am in tention

mrsshabi

Oct 11, 2011
I am interested in getting Canadian Immigration (PR). Please advice me the fastest way to do it including the time, and other requirements.
I have tried to Compose the following questions and request you people to respond to these questions please so I can have a complete picture and can take fast decision about my course of action.
a) Does processing time of PR is different in different states of Canada.
b) I am a Mechanical Engineer and my wife did graduation in computer science so in which category of PR should we apply?
c) I am on H1-B status in USA. Once I leave USA I must get visa stamp on my passport to get back to US. If I do not get the visa stamped on my passport and had to stay in Canada, can I apply for PR in Canada. Will I have to go out of Canada to submit the application.
d) Can I apply for PR card while staying as a visitor in Canada. How much time will it take for my application to be accepted?(say 2 months ?) Can I and my wife do job in Canada and can my Kids go to school after the application is accepted?
e) If I apply for a self employed business visa, what would be the procedure . As self employed I would be doing press printing (Business Cards, Advertisement cards, Brochures, Banners, Ads preparation, sign boards etc.), graphic design and web design.
f) If I try to get Permanent Residence in CANADA on education basis and use employment category, how will it work in my case(mechanical Engineer) or my wife's case (IT engineer).
g) What will be the expenses for PR.
h) How much time will it take for getting a PR. When will I be eligible to work in CANADA?
i) If I am in CANADA for 6 month visit visa can I apply for a PR there. When will I be allowed to work.
j) Can I visit USA on the basis of PR only assuming that I have no other US visa (like H-1B etc)
k) What should I do immediately to start the process.
l) If I am stuck in CANADA that is w/o any visa for back to USA, then what will be the course of action.
m) What is the procedure of opening a branch office of a business already registered in USA?

I have asked many questions and some may be repeated but I need to know from you the best option for me.
I am on H1B visa in USA and my visa is valid up to December 2012. My wife is already there in canada on visitor visa and stucked there(means she didn't get her h4 visa stamped to get bk to usa uptill now)
I have applied for Canadian multiple visa which is supposed to be done any day. (0ne month period just passed).

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Start your research here ==>> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

mrsshabi said:
I am interested in getting Canadian Immigration (PR). Please advice me the fastest way to do it including the time, and other requirements.
I have tried to Compose the following questions and request you people to respond to these questions please so I can have a complete picture and can take fast decision about my course of action.
a) Does processing time of PR is different in different states of Canada. Canada does not have states. Processing times: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
b) I am a Mechanical Engineer and my wife did graduation in computer science so in which category of PR should we apply? Which of the immigration streams do you qualify to? Follow the links: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp
c) I am on H1-B status in USA. Once I leave USA I must get visa stamp on my passport to get back to US. If I do not get the visa stamped on my passport and had to stay in Canada, can I apply for PR in Canada. Will I have to go out of Canada to submit the application.
d) Can I apply for PR card while staying as a visitor in Canada. How much time will it take for my application to be accepted?(say 2 months ?) Can I and my wife do job in Canada and can my Kids go to school after the application is accepted?
e) If I apply for a self employed business visa, what would be the procedure . As self employed I would be doing press printing (Business Cards, Advertisement cards, Brochures, Banners, Ads preparation, sign boards etc.), graphic design and web design.
f) If I try to get Permanent Residence in CANADA on education basis and use employment category, how will it work in my case(mechanical Engineer) or my wife's case (IT engineer).
h) How much time will it take for getting a PR. When will I be eligible to work in CANADA?
i) If I am in CANADA for 6 month visit visa can I apply for a PR there. When will I be allowed to work. If and when you found an employer willing to apply for LMO in your favour, apply for a WP then you can start working once you received your WP.
j) Can I visit USA on the basis of PR only assuming that I have no other US visa (like H-1B etc) No, you'd have to apply for a B1/B2 visa to the US.
l) If I am stuck in CANADA that is w/o any visa for back to USA, then what will be the course of action. Go back to your home country or explore somewhere else
m) What is the procedure of opening a branch office of a business already registered in USA?

I have asked many questions and some may be repeated but I need to know from you the best option for me.
I am on H1B visa in USA and my visa is valid up to December 2012. My wife is already there in canada on visitor visa and stucked there(means she didn't get her h4 visa stamped to get bk to usa uptill now)
I have applied for Canadian multiple visa which is supposed to be done any day. (0ne month period just passed).

canmp

Apr 12, 2011
mrsshabi said:
b) I am a Mechanical Engineer and my wife did graduation in computer science so in which category of PR should we apply?
i) If I am in CANADA for 6 month visit visa can I apply for a PR there. When will I be allowed to work.
j) Can I visit USA on the basis of PR only assuming that I have no other US visa (like H-1B etc)
l) If I am stuck in CANADA that is w/o any visa for back to USA, then what will be the course of action.

Don't worry, every thing will be all right. Try to do something to get your wife to USA. If not, Go back to india and look for a job. Trust me. You, your wife and kids will get good life. As your wife is computer graduate, she can get a job and you will also get a job there in india. india is zooming. Economy is growing like 8%. Canada and USA are struggling at less than 2%. There are no jobs in canada, all hype. Trust me. It is all waste of money and time. If you want to waste your money, time and future prospects, and still want to go to canada, you need to find a job and and get work permit, that is the fastest way, you can work in canada. Getting PR takes minimum of 12 months.

All the best.

mrsshabi

Oct 11, 2011
I am from pakistan and my wife is stuck in canada becz she didn't get h4 visa stamp on her passport to get bk to amerca... I and my wife are in too much tention as our kids with me and my wife is there..

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
What was the reason given why the US embassy/consulate didn't issue her the visa. If your visa is still good till 2012 then she should have been granted the H4. Anyway in your case, you can look for an employer willing to file for LMO in your favour, then apply for the WP/visa. Or if you qualify in any of the immigration streams then try that, but it's not something that can be done overnight. it would probably faster for you to thresh out the problem/reason why your wife's not issued her H4.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

mrsshabi said:
I am from pakistan and my wife is stuck in canada becz she didn't get h4 visa stamp on her passport to get bk to amerca... I and my wife are in too much tention as our kids with me and my wife is there..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrsshabi said:
Only if you apply through a provincial nominee program. Quebec is also an exception. They have their own immigration program but they don't call it a PNP.

mrsshabi said:
Any category you qualify under.

mrsshabi said:
You can submit a PR application from within Canada but you will not have your PR by the time your visit status expires.

mrsshabi said:
Yes but you will be waiting for your PR much longer than 2 months. Try a year, maybe more. Once you and your family all get PR, your wife can work and your kids can go to school.

mrsshabi said:
I am not aware that there is such a visa available in Canada.

mrsshabi said:
You would need a job offer to apply under the skilled worker program. If one of you gets a job offer and can qualify, that one could apply for PR for the whole family. Most immigration classes under PNP also require job offer. Quebec immigration does not require a job offer but in most cases, you would need to speak French to qualify.

mrsshabi said:
Around $1000 per adult and $150 per child plus cost of medicals for you all, cost of photos, photocopies, translations etc.

mrsshabi said:
Depends on under which immigration class you apply under and from which country but generally not less than a year, probably more like 18 months+. Once you get your PR visa and "land" in Canada as a PR, you will be eligible to work. If you want to work sooner, you will need a job offer, labour market opinion and work permit.

mrsshabi said:
You already asked that in d) and h)

mrsshabi said:
No, a PR from Canada is not visa exempt to visit the US. You would still need a visit visa.

mrsshabi said:
Read the website somebody already linked to, find an immigration class you qualify under and apply.

mrsshabi said:
If they had let you in as a visitor, you can generally stay for 6 months unless they specified less time. You can use this time to look for a job, try to get a labour market opinion and a work permit. When your visit visa expires, you have 3 months to restore your status. You could also apply to extend your visitor status. If you don't succeed, you must leave.

mrsshabi said:
That one I don't know.