plz explain education point /

mrbaig

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shailendra_ihm said:
dear Mr. Baig
i have done B.sc in hotel management from IGNOU,DELHI . IGnou IS one of the Top and famous distance learning institute in India Run by goverment of India.

Dear shailendra_ihm,

If your education is of Bachelors level and comprises of 15 or 16 years then u earn 22 points. See this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-education.asp

"Education=Maximum 25 points
You have a master's degree or PhD and at least 17 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 25 points
You have two or more university degrees at the bachelor's level and at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 22 points
You have a three-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 22 points"

So, to get 25 points, one needs to have Master's or PhD degree having,total number of years of education, 17 years.

Hope it helps.

mrbaig

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rank16 said:
Dear members

I have done an Advanced Diploma from C-DAC Mohali, The duration was 5 Months and study hrs per week were 40hrs. I did this diploma just to upgrade my knowledge and exp.

Can I get points from this diploma. If yes Can Its points be added into my following qualifications:

Diploma 3 Years in Engg after 10th + One year Apprenticeship om Electricity Board +Advanced Diploma in System Mtn Engg (which i hav mentioned above).

Please reply me.

I have also completed my AMIE through Correspondence.

With Regards

Rank16
Dear Rank16,

If your one year diploma was on the basis of 3 year diploma and have 14 years of total education then u can earn 20 points, otherwise 15 points (if 13 years of education, 10th + 3 year diploma in Engineering)

See this @ http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-education.asp

"1) You have a university degree of two years or more at the bachelor’s level and at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study.20 points

2)You have a two-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 20 points

3)You have a one-year university degree at the bachelor’s level and at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 15 points

4)You have a one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship and at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study. 15 points"

Hope it helps.

rank16

Aug 5, 2010
Dear mrbaig

Thanx for you evaluation.

After 3 years Diploma I have done one year apprenticeship training (13+1=14 years =20 points)and another 5 months full time Advanced diploma on the basis of 3 yrs Diploma.

One more question.
Can i acquire one more point from 5 months (40 hrs per week study time) Diploma which I was done on the basis of three yrs diploma from Central Government. It can be included or not in my education.

With Regards

rank16

mrbaig

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rank16 said:
Dear mrbaig

Thanx for you evaluation.

After 3 years Diploma I have done one year apprenticeship training (13+1=14 years =20 points)and another 5 months full time Advanced diploma on the basis of 3 yrs Diploma.

One more question.
Can i acquire one more point from 5 months (40 hrs per week study time) Diploma which I was done on the basis of three yrs diploma from Central Government. It can be included or not in my education.

With Regards

rank16
Sorry you can't. The next jump for educational points is 2 not 1 which makes 20+2=22 & requires 15 years of education.

Hope it helps

rank16

Aug 5, 2010
Dear mrbaig

I have no more doubt. As you explained my study points, i agree with you. From now i will calculate my points with 20 instead of 22 :)

Thanx

With Regards

rank16