frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Hi! I'm not sure if this thread is still active or not. But here's my question, I'm planning to get a student visa for January or September next year and as early as now I'm trying to fix things. Planning to go to SFU or BCIT in BC. I was wondering if anyone here graduated from the Phils with a degree and planned to take another course in Canada? Did the school credit some of the subjects (after having the credentials assessed by ICES)? I hope someone will reply to my query. I've been looking for a forum regarding this but so far this is the only thing I found. Will be so glad if anyone can answer my queries. Thank you!

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Hi there!

Just to share my experience, I'm actually just a fresh grad and I've applied to BCIT right after I got my diploma. I had to wait for it because I needed it for my application into the school and +points for the visa application hehe Since I had to gather my docs for my application in BCIT, I only sent in the requirements to the school in late April and miraculously, they offered me a slot in mid-July. So I had to frantically prepare all my documents for the study permit application in 2 weeks, which I just submitted yesterday! I know it's crazy but I'm still feeling hopeful.

Anyway, to answer your question, I did not opt for ICES because of time constraints. Plus when I asked the admissions officer about it, you have to be accepted first before you can apply for ICES. But as far as the procedure is concerned, I think you'll be needing an official course description PER SUBJECT that you want to have credited by your school in Canada. In my university here in the Philippines, they charge P85/page :))

So if you want to have your subjects credited, better prepare your docs now. The main reason why I was so late was because I even had to get my HS Transcript and Diploma, and it was even Holy Week at the time so it was a major setback. Ang tinignan lang talaga ng BCIT ay ang HS records mo for acceptance. ICES will look at your post-secondary transcript. :)

frustratedcanadian said:
Hi! I'm not sure if this thread is still active or not. But here's my question, I'm planning to get a student visa for January or September next year and as early as now I'm trying to fix things. Planning to go to SFU or BCIT in BC. I was wondering if anyone here graduated from the Phils with a degree and planned to take another course in Canada? Did the school credit some of the subjects (after having the credentials assessed by ICES)? I hope someone will reply to my query. I've been looking for a forum regarding this but so far this is the only thing I found. Will be so glad if anyone can answer my queries. Thank you!

Elapar

Jul 14, 2015
hello,

i just want to know if this has happened to anyone that applied for study permit. Well i did an upfront medical exam July1, 2015. I submitted my documents including my e-medical information sheet for visa application July3, 2015. Then i received an automated message from the Embassy, July8, 2015 regarding medical examination instructions attached with IMM1017 form. So i tried to contact the embassy via email regarding my concern. I also stated my UCI#, APP# and UMI# in the mail. As of my knowledge, my medical results were fine. But it is really bothering me since it has been a week and still no news from the embassy.

Does anyone have any knowledge regarding my situation?

jamilahrivera

Sep 24, 2018
Hey poco,

Did your friend apply to the school directly or thru a consultancy agency? Which school did she attended and for how many years? Please respond thank you.