+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pls Let me know whoever applied to Mcmaster Univ..for JAN 2013 session

harshpreet_nanda

Aug 23, 2012
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abk3 said:
Ok i will share with u, last message i sent to them they replied that update about application will be updated after 23-September.

I have applied for Electrical and Computer engineering Jan 2013 ... application status waiting

I have also applied for concordia and got admission in it "Master applied computer science" but my priority is MCMAster university
I received the same reply.... Can You pls share your profile , i mean btech and IELTS bands?

harshpreet_nanda

Aug 23, 2012
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mani1987 said:
both.. and tht too they emailed me after i contacted them twice, with a month in between.
Okay..... so which other univ have you applied??
have you heard any good news from ne other universities?

Mani1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Have applied for Concordia and Carleton... both didn't reply and it's nearly 3 1/2 months since my submission.

harshpreet_nanda

Aug 23, 2012
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mani1987 said:
Have applied for Concordia and Carleton... both didn't reply and it's nearly 3 1/2 months since my submission.
havnt u contact them thru email..what are they saying ..both universities when they will take their final decison?

harshpreet_nanda

Aug 23, 2012
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mani1987 said:
Both replied that I will have a decision shortly & this was their reply for nearly 2 months..
May be becz ur btech %age is jus 70 % dats what making the universities think more... and could u tell me how much you %age score in the last two years of btech...i guess that"s also matters..

Mani1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
it's d same % in last 2 years of study.. i don't think tht matters.. they hav given admission to ppl with 66% also.

Lay_13591

Sep 2, 2012
Mani1987 said:
it's d same % in last 2 years of study.. i don't think tht matters.. they hav given admission to ppl with 66% also.

To be honest in my opinion last 2 years matters the most because the main core subjects of the department are mainly in last 2 years.In 1st year all the subjects are same for every engineering student i.e. Engineering graphics,Maths 1,Maths 2 etc. They either calculate your grades of last 20 courses taken or last 2 years.

Also which subject you chose for doing master's also consider what subject grades they may count first.Suppose if you are going for M.Eng. in Mehcanical engg. with specialization in Thermal Engineering.They will also give special attention to the grades of the subject related to Thermal engg. i.e. Engineering Thermodynamics,Heat and Mass transfer etc etc Maybe if a person with 66% have good grades in such subjects related to the specialization area so they have been selected.

This is what my research says.I am no Expert or something.But I do have researched a lot for mater's in canada by meeting people,agents and from the internet as well...

Mani1987

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Lay_13591 said:
To be honest in my opinion last 2 years matters the most because the main core subjects of the department are mainly in last 2 years.In 1st year all the subjects are same for every engineering student i.e. Engineering graphics,Maths 1,Maths 2 etc. They either calculate your grades of last 20 courses taken or last 2 years.

Also which subject you chose for doing master's also consider what subject grades they may count first.Suppose if you are going for M.Eng. in Mehcanical engg. with specialization in Thermal Engineering.They will also give special attention to the grades of the subject related to Thermal engg. i.e. Engineering Thermodynamics,Heat and Mass transfer etc etc Maybe if a person with 66% have good grades in such subjects related to the specialization area so they have been selected.

This is what my research says.I am no Expert or something.But I do have researched a lot for mater's in canada by meeting people,agents and from the internet as well...
ya.. but it's not only in Canada.. most universities in other countries also select in this manner.

rubysingh

Sep 10, 2012
i am also applying to concordia university in jan 2013 for m.s in mechanical and industrial engg, program...plz some body help me in making s.o.p...plzzz....yarr

harshpreet_nanda

Aug 23, 2012
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lay_13591 said:

Yes,, Exactly you are absolutely right.. that"s what i am trying to say..Some students forget these little things that eventually cost them.