+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pls Help me with fee structure. Applying to Univ of Ottawa. Fall 2014

nickmarques

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Hi everyone
I am applying to Univ of Ottawa for the Engineering Management MEng program - Fall intake. To arrange my budget and expenses, it would be so helpful if I could get more info on the approximate expenses involved throughout the course.
I am a Mechanical Engineer with over 1.5+ years experience working in the Middle East. Hoping to gain atleast 2.5 years of experience by Fall-14.
When I contacted the admission dept of the University, they told me that I should expect an yearly (tuition & living) expense of around 37000CAD which is more than I thought.
As of now I am hoping to have a budget of 35000 CAD from personal saving and my parents will lend me another 35000 CAD. Would this be enough to do my course?
Could someone tell me how is the fee calculated here?

As given in the link (http://www.registrar.uottawa.ca/Default.aspx?tabid=4213#Engineering), the fee for Spring/Summer is 5827.69. How is this calculated for an year? Assuming that an year has 4 terms (Fall Winter Spring Summer) would the total tuition for an year amount to 23310.76 CAD (5827.69 X 4) ??

If there are any students or alumni from University of Ottawa, kindly let me know how much (approximate tuition & living) do I have to pay for an year?

I am also applying to Memorial University. Any similar info on Memorial will be much appreciated. But University of Toronto is my first preference.

Regards,
Nick

kathmandu

May 23, 2013
University fee is calculated as 3 semesters. So multiply by 3 i.e. total fees for one year. While, 37K is tentaive amount per year of yours. Calculate for lodging+tuition fees+ transportation + books and others. It will be good for you if you can show 37K.

nickmarques

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Thanks for the response Kathmandu.

So it should be sth around 17k for tuition fees alone per year?

Do you really think that it will be 37k (all expenses included) per year?

Which university have you applied to?

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
ya nick , its per term fees * 3 = tuition fees for a year , if ur course duration is 2 years then its per term fees * 6 ....

living costs is easily 10k per year ...

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
whel they say the fall term is the best to join any course....!! :) especially if ur looking for a co-op course(at uni of ottawa) then u need to join in Sept only...do check with the university!! i think i read that somewhere when i was considering Uni of ottawa

sksincanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
harsh_mba said:
whel they say the fall term is the best to join any course....!! :) especially if ur looking for a co-op course(at uni of ottawa) then u need to join in Sept only...do check with the university!! i think i read that somewhere when i was considering Uni of ottawa
But what about Uvic @ harsh_mba
I'm applying for Jan 2014 intakes. Will I face problems regarding co op?

simi_boop

Jul 2, 2013
hey, i'm an international student in uottawa, same prog as u applied for.
You wouldn't use up to the 37k, I bet you are very okay with the 35k you have.
there was a 3% increase in fees, so it would be slightly higher than last year's, less than 7000, about 6,600-6,700 at most for fall, you might not take any course in summer, most of us didn't cos the courses (options) are really limited in summer.
the fee structure release timing is about the most annoying thing about Ottawa u.

best of luck and lemme know if you need anymore help;)

maxer

Oct 10, 2013
hi even im planning for the same univ and course for fall intake ...

can i pay my second year fee by doing part time jobs ???

Holmes007

Sep 15, 2014
simi_boop said:
hey, i'm an international student in uottawa, same prog as u applied for.
You wouldn't use up to the 37k, I bet you are very okay with the 35k you have.
there was a 3% increase in fees, so it would be slightly higher than last year's, less than 7000, about 6,600-6,700 at most for fall, you might not take any course in summer, most of us didn't cos the courses (options) are really limited in summer.
the fee structure release timing is about the most annoying thing about Ottawa u.

best of luck and lemme know if you need anymore help;)
Hi,
I am to start my M.Eng program at Uottawa as well by Winter 2015. I dont have any course work during the spring/summer session, am i still going to pay the C$6300 for tuition for the spring session? Trying to prepare my for finances before i move to Ottawa by January. Thank you.