+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pls help... Its important n urgent.. Thanks

Dabasv

Dec 15, 2014
Hey guys,
i am an indian citizen by birth, i have a query and I would really appreciate if someone can help me. My fiance is a Permanent Resident of Canada and
i have a multiple entry vistor visa for CANADA and USA....i have already traveled to
Canada and back once before. Now the question i would like to ask is...me n my fiance are
getting married soon next year by indian customs in India.. after marriage, before he
files for my spouse visa application from india or canada as per his choice....can i go and
visit him in Canada on my visitor visa which is valid for 10 yrs....Or will the visitor
visa be cancelled once i apply for my spouse visa? Or in between the spouse visa is being
processed, can i still travel and meet my husband in Canada for couple of months and come
back or that will b impossible?? kindly repond to my query asap and also if i can travel
to meet him...what exactly am i suppose to tell immigration officer in canadian airport...

thanking you in advance..

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Dabasv said:
Hey guys,
i am an indian citizen by birth, i have a query and I would really appreciate if someone can help me. My fiance is a Permanent Resident of Canada and
i have a multiple entry vistor visa for CANADA and USA....i have already traveled to
Canada and back once before. Now the question i would like to ask is...me n my fiance are
getting married soon next year by indian customs in India.. after marriage, before he
files for my spouse visa application from india or canada as per his choice....can i go and
visit him in Canada on my visitor visa which is valid for 10 yrs....Or will the visitor
visa be cancelled once i apply for my spouse visa? Or in between the spouse visa is being
processed, can i still travel and meet my husband in Canada for couple of months and come
back or that will b impossible?? kindly repond to my query asap and also if i can travel
to meet him...what exactly am i suppose to tell immigration officer in canadian airport...

thanking you in advance..
Hey,

You application for PR shouldn't have an impact on your current tourist visa since you already have it. Yes you can also travel to Canada after you have applied for your PR

Dabasv

Dec 15, 2014
draxz1289 said:
Hey,

You application for PR shouldn't have an impact on your current tourist visa since you already have it. Yes you can also travel to Canada after you have applied for your PR
Oh thanks a lot dear...
So in custom if they ask me y I'm traveling to Canada and I reply to meet my husband, they won't stop me right? I mean I will show return ticket.. But I won't b having pr status number as my husband will apply after we reach Canada together..
So when I enter Canada I would only b a visitor not a pr applicant!!!!!!

Cathy645

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2014
File Transfer...
01-08-2014. (AOR2. 26-09-2014)
Med's Request
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
19-10-2014 (Received by VO 02-11-2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-10-2014 (Decision made 07-11-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014 (received COPR 13-11-2014)
LANDED..........
15-11-2014 (landed at border in Osoyoos)
Dabasv said:
Oh thanks a lot dear...
So in custom if they ask me y I'm traveling to Canada and I reply to meet my husband, they won't stop me right? I mean I will show return ticket.. But I won't b having pr status number as my husband will apply after we reach Canada together..
So when I enter Canada I would only b a visitor not a pr applicant!!!!!!
No need to worry about telling customs official that you come visit your husband. Especially you have already come and leave once with visitor visa.

Dabasv

Dec 15, 2014
Cathy645 said:
No need to worry about telling customs official that you come visit your husband. Especially you have already come and leave once with visitor visa.
True dear but when I traveled before I wasn't married but this time I would be.. My marriage would b just couple of days old.. So I'm
Really concerned as my pr application wouldn't hav been filed at the time of travel n I would b purely travelling with visitor visa with a hope that they would not send me bk without meeting my newly wedded husband..:(

spaceexp

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna-->Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
received by CIC 12-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-04-2014
File Transfer...
01-05-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-2014 (IP 18-11-2014, mailed 03-12-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2014 , then again 13-02-2015 (DM 03-01-2015, PP&CoPR received 06-01-2015, returned to Ottawa because of a mistake, received again on 16-02-2015)
LANDED..........
16-02-2015
Dabasv said:
True dear but when I traveled before I wasn't married but this time I would be.. My marriage would b just couple of days old.. So I'm
Really concerned as my pr application wouldn't hav been filed at the time of travel n I would b purely travelling with visitor visa with a hope that they would not send me bk without meeting my newly wedded husband..:(
Do you have any ties to your home country - job, school etc? If you have, that can help you with your visit (lower the chances of refusal of entry).

Also, did you change your last name and passport after marriage?