+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pls help..Applied for 3 years work permit but instead got it for just 2 years..

dbhalla

Feb 23, 2017
Hi,

Please help in regards to this issue that;

I have completed 2 years masters program from Canadian University without any gaps from Jan 2015 to Dec 2016.

I applied for my post graduate work permit a month ago and finally received it last week. The problem is I am eligible for 3 years of work permit but instead got it for 2 years. I am really stressed out as to why this is happening with me. One of my friend who was in the same program as me (same duration) applied a week before me and she got it for 3 years. I applied with similar kind of university program completion confirmation letter as she did.

I called the cic call center and she said she cannot see any special notes on my file as to why this has happened. She did put some notes on my file though.

Please help what should I do?

Does the similar situation happened with somebody else that they completed 2 years program and got the permit for only 2 years instead of 3..??

Please help me !!

Thanks

varunnarayan

Jun 15, 2015
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-0
The time that you cumulated to complete the program doesn't matter. You should check the time that the program takes as specified in the Offer letter.

dbhalla

Feb 23, 2017
HI

Thanks for the reply.

My offer letter states that this program will take minimum of two years (that i completed) and maximum of six years to complete (with gaps and stuff the limit was till 2020 on my offer letter). So, looks like everything is good on my part.

What could be the problem then?

What should I do now??

Please advise !!

Thanks

varunnarayan

Jun 15, 2015
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-0
Well, Then it's a genuine mistake. The only problem that CIC is known to make is that of issuing your PGWP until the expiry of your passport. Check if this is the case. If not, Tough luck man. Try to find work within a year and start working