+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please someone answer my query. Seniors only

fahad123

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had received 4 years student visa for this September intake but now i want to join shorter program.
Next intake will start in September 2015 for my desired program of study. The problem is that there is no january intake in that college. I will have to wait one year for it.
Can i wait for a year and do not enroll in any program untill September 2015 ? I mean is there any possibilty ?? OR i must have to enroll in classes now
Please someone help me on this

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have to stay in Canada.. you have to be enrolled in a program. You can't just sit there are and wait 1 year for your next intake. If you want to start in next intake you have to come back from Canada.

fahad123

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It means i will pay 1 year fee for the courses which i am not going to pursue in future :(
Is there any other way ? Koe beech ka rasta nae nikal sakta ?

mekima

Star Member
Aug 20, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Doc's Request.
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
24-06-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
18-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
LANDED..........
17-03-2015
fahad123 said:
It means i will pay 1 year fee for the courses which i am not going to pursue in future :(
Is there any other way ? Koe beech ka rasta nae nikal sakta ?
You can take other courses at least in other to still hold your status. you could take some classes needed for the next intake just to get ahead and also to keep your status as a student.

fahad123

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If someone fails to enroll ? What are the consequences ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

fahad123 said:
If someone fails to enroll ? What are the consequences ?
Homeward bound.

As of June 1, 2014, all study permit holders in Canada will need to actively pursue studies. This means that:

if you hold a study permit, you must remain enrolled and make reasonable and timely progress towards completing your program; and
failing to do so could lead to your removal from Canada.

Your educational institution will report to CIC on your continued enrolment and academic status. You may also be asked by an immigration officer to provide evidence of your continued enrolment and academic status.

fahad123

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i applied 3 days before June 1st. So do i come under new rules ?
P.S i have received my SIN and i am allowed to work right away.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

fahad123 said:
i applied 3 days before June 1st. So do i come under new rules ?
P.S i have received my SIN and i am allowed to work right away.
1. It will apply to you.
2. As you commenced studies, you can't work.

fahad123

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alright Thanks.
I stick to a 4 years program :(

nmunirali

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
for change of program you need to inform cic under new rules which also implies you too, if fail to do so you will remove means send back to ur home country back... for enrolment you need to continue ur study with ur current university then in 2015 sept you can join ur desire program in which u want to join by getting credit hours transfer mostly university accept transfer students but before transferring inform cic about ur new enrolment,, failing to do so you will be staying illegal according to new rules and send home immediately and band for permeant entry into Canada. so wisely take your any step u want to take

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nmunirali said:
for change of program you need to inform cic under new rules which also implies you too, if fail to do so you will remove means send back to ur home country back... for enrolment you need to continue ur study with ur current university then in 2015 sept you can join ur desire program in which u want to join by getting credit hours transfer mostly university accept transfer students but before transferring inform cic about ur new enrolment,, failing to do so you will be staying illegal according to new rules and send home immediately and band for permeant entry into Canada. so wisely take your any step u want to take
No, that rule was changed the 1st of August. You don't have to inform CIC if you change between designated schools.

fahad123

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

No, that rule was changed the 1st of August. You don't have to inform CIC if you change between designated schools.
What if i change institute, province, program of study plus length of study ?? Do i still need not to inform CIC if its a designated institute ??
Please provide the link for the new rule implemented on 1st August. It will be really helpful for me to read