+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Read - MY Advise on BOWP

askmo

Jun 8, 2015
Hi guys,
I know everyone is worried here and stressed. Work permit expiring no update on express entry profile and so on.

Well I want to share my story in order to clear some people's doubts and hopefully help my fellow members.

Long story short, I applied for my express entry this year. Received an invitation in FEB 2016.
Applied on March 2nd 2016 - Received AOR same day.

My 3 years work permit was expiring on 16th June. I did not get any update on my express entry profile and only medical's was passed. And the rest were all in IN PROGRESS or not started.

Suddenly it was JUNE and I decided to apply for my BOWP Bridging Open work permit . I applied on June 10th and within 2 weeks it was approved and I received 1 year extension. while my application still shows IN PROGRESS..

Moral of the story - If you have recieved your AOR and your application is still in progress then you can get a BOWP extension for 1 year. So please apply and dont be scared. I applied and I got my extension in 2 weeks. FYI... I applied online though mycic account.

Hope this helps guys !!! Good luck to all of us.

chaios_13

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
20-05-2016
IELTS Request
08-06-2016
Med's Request
04-07-2016
Med's Done....
12-07-2016
Passport Req..
02-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
askmo said:
Hi guys,
I know everyone is worried here and stressed. Work permit expiring no update on express entry profile and so on.

Well I want to share my story in order to clear some people's doubts and hopefully help my fellow members.

Long story short, I applied for my express entry this year. Received an invitation in FEB 2016.

My 3 years work permit was expiring on 16th June. I did not get any update on my express entry profile and only medical's was passed. And the rest were all in IN PROGRESS or not started.

Suddenly it was JUNE and I decided to apply for my BOWP Bridging Open work permit . I applied on June 10th and within 2 weeks it was approved and I received 1 year extension. while my application still shows IN PROGRESS..

Moral of the story - If you have recieved your AOR and your application is still in progress then you can get a BOWP extension for 1 year. So please apply and dont be scared. I applied and I got my extension in 2 weeks. FYI... I applied online though mycic account.

thank you so much...i needed that today...

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
askmo said:
Hi guys,

I applied 5 days after AOR and it was approved

Reactions: Adanac11

Baljas

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-02-2016 pcc required for both applicant and spouse
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
25-01-2016
Med's Done....
27-01-2016 (passed) BG check in progress 27-01-2016
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
Great . Thanks for sharing. I'm a cec candidate and applied on 6th July . Wp expiring 13th August

Sidney.Bae

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
if people can could get federal AOR before their permits expire, they wouldn't be so worried. that's not the case.

askmo

Jun 8, 2015
I am glad it helped many people and cleared their doubts. If anyone still needs any clarification please msg and I will respond asap..