PLEASE mark and rate my IELTS writing!

JinandMango

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-02-2018
New writings have been updated! Please take a moment to review and mark, it will take 2 minutes.. :(

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
still trying yeah? I don't think it's the right place man.

Reactions: JinandMango

JinandMango

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-02-2018
still trying yeah? I don't think it's the right place man.
There's no harm in trying! Speaking of which, new writings have been updated! My goals is to score 7.5. Do you folks think it's possible?

msund

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
AOR Received.
01-11-2017
Hello, I was in same condition like you and scored 6.5, but last month I scored band 7 in writing, even though I made many mistakes. The main tip to score high is structure of writing depending on the essay type. I would recommend you to read from ieltsadvantage.com and follow the format provided there. You would definitely score 7 or more, as I have seen your writing is very good, just missing appropriate structure. Although your intro and conclusion is written upto the mark. Your paragraphs are little lenghty and missing example. If you will follow the structure given on that site, will guarantee that you can score 7-7.5 according to your present writing.
Actually, there is nothing wrong in your writing, but examiners look for particular approach. I was confused about it too that which format to follow. Now, after using it myself in exam, can recommend you with surety.

Lastly use on the other hand instead of on top of

Tips what I can suggest:
Use appropriate synonyms throughout essay
Use only complex sentences
Avoid passive voice
Don't use words like very, big etc.
Use formal words
Each body paragraph must have one idea
Plan 3-4 minutes about structure before starting and 3-4 minutes to review. So practice to write essay witin 32 minutes
Task 2 has more bands than task 1. So,write task 2 first.(task2 - 6 bands and task1 -3 bands)

Last edited:
Reactions: JinandMango

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
i mean still trying to get people's opinion. this is an immigration forum, not an english grading and monitoring your progress place. some people would give the occasional glance but i doubt anyone would spend their time reading all of your writings. that's all, trying to be honest
There's no harm in trying! Speaking of which, new writings have been updated! My goals is to score 7.5. Do you folks think it's possible?

JinandMango

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-02-2018
Hello, I was in same condition like you and scored 6.5, but last month I scored band 7 in writing, even though I made many mistakes. The main tip to score high is structure of writing depending on the essay type. I would recommend you to read from ieltsadvantage.com and follow the format provided there. You would definitely score 7 or more, as I have seen your writing is very good, just missing appropriate structure. Although your intro and conclusion is written upto the mark. Your paragraphs are little lenghty and missing example. If you will follow the structure given on that site, will guarantee that you can score 7-7.5 according to your present writing.
Actually, there is nothing wrong in your writing, but examiners look for particular approach. I was confused about it too that which format to follow. Now, after using it myself in exam, can recommend you with surety.

Lastly use on the other hand instead of on top of

Tips what I can suggest:
Use appropriate synonyms throughout essay
Use only complex sentences
Avoid passive voice
Don't use words like very, big etc.
Use formal words
Each body paragraph must have one idea
Plan 3-4 minutes about structure before starting and 3-4 minutes to review. So practice to write essay witin 32 minutes
Task 2 has more bands than task 1. So,write task 2 first.(task2 - 6 bands and task1 -3 bands)

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much!

msund

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
AOR Received.
01-11-2017
For preparation, you can use these effective links.

Writing: ieltsadvantage.com/writing-task-2/

Listening: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cambridge+ielts+listening (Only practice British council listening as these are only up to the mark and will be same in exam), only if booked British councilexam.

Speaking: record yourself and listen

Reading: http://ielts-up.com/reading/ielts-reading-practice.html#general
This if for general exam,same link has for academic as well.

For vocabulary of writing: http://ielts-up.com/writing/ielts-vocabulary-writing.html

If you have any doubt, let me know.

Last edited: