+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please, I need help!!!

lilywind

Feb 16, 2012
Hi, I am an International student. I am studying in Vancouver Community College. I have a minor child. He is 9-year-old. Does he need pay any tuition if he accompany me to study in vancouver public elementary school? I cannot find any information from Internet. I try to connect Vancouver School Board, but they also do not give me any answer. I need someone give me any information about this!Please, if you know it, could you answer my question? Thank so much! :-*

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

lilywind said:
Hi, I am an International student. I am studying in Vancouver Community College. I have a minor child. He is 9-year-old. Does he need pay any tuition if he accompany me to study in vancouver public elementary school? I cannot find any information from Internet. I try to connect Vancouver School Board, but they also do not give me any answer. I need someone give me any information about this!Please, if you know it, could you answer my question? Thank so much! :-*
If you have a study permit valid for a year, then your child doesn't pay tuition see: http://vsb.bc.ca/district-policy/jecba-admission-exchange-and-foreign-students

Admission Documents

Generally, all students who have study permits issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada should be identified as international students in the Ministry of Education 1701 Report. Provincial education funding will not be claimed for these students. The Board may choose to charge tuition fees to these students.
Exceptions are listed below. Provincial education funding will be claimed for these students:

A student who:
is a refugee claimant with an acknowledgement letter from the Immigration and Refugee Board;
is a Convention Refugee and can present a letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada confirming this;
has been admitted to Canada under a letter of permission issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada;
is in the custody of the Ministry for Children and Family Development; or
is attending school on a reciprocal and equal exchange program. This exchange must be one in/one out of the same district for the same length of time, with the exchange to be completed within two years.
An international student, whose parent or legal guardian(s):
has been admitted to Canada for permanent residence (i.e. landed immigrant);
holds a study permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada for one year or more to attend a public post-secondary institution in Vancouver in a program of study leading to a degree or diploma;
holds a work permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada to work in Vancouver for a term of one year or more;
has been admitted under a teacher exchange program; or
is carrying out official duties as a diplomatic or consular official and is able to substantiate this with a Foreign Representative Acceptance Counterfoil in the guardian's passport.